JUN
2013

Preschool Daily Learning Notebook 2013-2014

Back by popular demand is my newly updated 2013-2014 Preschool Daily Learning Notebook! I created this last year for the Teeny Tot and since she’s not quite ready for the Elementary Level Daily Learning Notebook,  I made an updated one for the 2013-2014 school  year.

**The updates are only to the calendar pages where they trace what day it is, and I added in the year at the top of the calendar as well, so if you already have this, you might want to just print the calendar pages to save on ink!

IMG_7462web

Supplies:

• 1” 3-ring Binder
  • 3 divider tabs for numbers, letters, and shapes
  • 4 page protectors
  • Expo Dry-erase markers (variety of colors)
  • Outdoor thermometer

Directions: Print pages 4-92 on regular copy paper. Place pages 4-11 in page protectors back to back so that these pages can be used with expo dry-erase markers and re-used. Next place the remaining pages in order in your binder. Have students use crayons, pencils, or markers to complete each day as directed in the download. (More specific instructions included in download!)

The Preschool Daily Learning Notebook includes:

• What day is it?
  • Find today’s number
  • Write today’s number
  • Write today’s number word (I don’t always require her to do this, but added it for days when she’s on days 1-10)

prektotcalendarpromo

I made a printable for each weekday, Monday through Friday, with traceable days on it for preschoolers. On this page she’ll trace the weekday, find today’s number and color in the circle. Trace the number (I write this in with pencil for her to trace), and then write the number word for the day. Right now I only have her do this when we’re on days one-ten.

IMG_7460web

IMG_7448web

I think her favorite activity is finding the temperature. (We have a simple thermometer right outside our front door that she checks.) Then she comes in and colors a weather appropriate outfit on her paper doll.

IMG_7461web

It also covers:

• What time is it?
  • What temperature is it?
  • What would I wear for this temperature?
  • I can write my name (monthly name writing practice)

IMG_7449web

Each month Teeny Tot will trace the month name, then write in one number per day to fill in the calendar for each month. She’ll also color in a box for the weather. I only went to 25 on this because I figure most of us only do about 20 days per month, so I gave a few more just for you hard core homeschoolers out there! NOTE: Since she’s not ready to write the numbers on her own, I wrote them in dashed font for her to trace.

monthpromo

She’ll also color in one box for each day we’re in school until we get to 100! Uhem…She apparently misunderstood when I said color in ONE square…so I’ll be  re-printing and we’ll try this one again!

IMG_7471web

I also added numbers, shapes, and letters to her pack. To help make them easier to find, I put in colored divider tabs so she can flip to the correct spot.

IMG_7472web

For the numbers I put lightly colored dots on each one, I plan to have her put a sticker for each dot on the numbers, then trace the number word. But you can also have them color the shape, or glue the correct amount of objects to it as well.

totnotebook2

–> Download the 2013-14 Preschool Daily Learning Notebook <–-

MAC USERS:  I’ve had a couple people saying they’ve had the same issues downloading the file if they’re on a MAC. I’ve been told if you use Google Chrome it should work. Others said they needed to make Adobe Reader their default program for opening PDF files so that the file opens in Adobe and not Safari. Safari opens files in preview mode and then doesn’t show all of the data properly. Hope that helps!

Click the links below to download:

Don’t like this one? Here are some other daily learning notebooks that inspired me that might help you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. This might be a silly question, but writing on page protectors doesn’t seem to work for me – I don’t know if it is the dry erase markers (Crayola) or the page protectors (various). Writing on laminators works beautifully and I would love to make this notebook as it looks gorgeous.
    Can you advise?
    Thanks

2. Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much!! I love this and it will be a great tool for my 4 y/o and I’ll also use your elementary notebook for my 1st grader. Your blog is such a great resource!

3. Lindsay butler says:

This is fantastic, thank you! At what age did your little one start with this?

• We started this year, so she was 3. She kind of scribbled at the start of the year, now she’s doing a great job tracing and coloring in lines etc. Practice makes perfect!

4. This is awesome! I was trying to figure out a way to do handwriting practice that was fun and engaging. This is perfect for my son. I am doing PreK with him next year.

5. Erika, This looks fabulous!
    What thickness of page protectors do you use? Do you wipe them off each day? If any carry over, how do you keep it from smearing when the book is closed? That is the #1 issue we have with these type of notebooks.

6. Sabrina Diane says:

Thank you so much for updating this! My 4yo daughter loved using it this year and like you said she wasn’t ready for the next step so being able to do it again next year will be perfect! I must have missed the elementary one before and can’t wait to start it with my son.

I think I can answer some of the questions I see from others. We laminate the pages as it works better for my little one and use white board markers on them. I put them in order like shown here but in a file folder instead of binder. I wipe clean the daily ones as we complete them and the monthly ones we don’t laminate and use as is. Hope this helps others.

I love your blog Erika! Thanks for helping me along this homeschool journey!

7. I love this idea! I always try to do a learning activity after naptime, but it’s hard to find and come up with something new each day. This is perfect! Thank you!!!

8. Thanks SO much for making this again. I used it with both my boys last year (JK & SK)

I was wondering if it was an option to make the days of the week and month names not all in CAPITAL letters? I have been working on m SK son, soon to be Grade 1 about only using capital at the begining of words and the rest of the word is to use lower case, this would be great if the daily calendar notebook followed that as well…

9. Our little girl turns 3 in July, we will be starting pre-school/pre-k curriculum in mid/late August. Her skills already range in these 2 levels, I LOVE this packet and will be printing it out to use on top of a homeschool curriculum we are ordering. I am just starting on the homeschool journey, so it’s will be a learning process for both her and I this year, this is so simple and easy to understand! I can’t wait to start it!!!!! I love your site and I just hope and pray to our Lord I can succeed at homeschooling like you have! You’re such a blessing to the homeschool community and thank you for ALL you wonderful and helpful posts!! They really help (especially for a newbie like myself)

10. Thank you so much for this notebook!!!!! Can’t wait to try this with my 3 yr. old in August;-)

11. Really cute. Thanks.

12. I’m so thankful you shared the updated one for the next school year. I used the elementary one with my older son this year and his little brother wanted to have a calendar book too a little before his 3rd birthday this spring so I printed off a few pages for him to try and was hoping you’d release an update. My only question…your old format kept the weather grid on the monthly calendar page but the new format has it on a separate page. I kind of like the condensed version better. Is there a reason you changed the format?

13. I love this and appreciate you sharing your hard work with the rest of us. Like another comment, I’m wondering if there is an option of NOT using all capital letters for the tracing. It is default for my son to write in capitals but I am trying to encourage lowercase since that is how most writing is done.

But I love the ideas and would love to see if that change could be made.

Thanks again!

14. Lucinés Lugo says:

I love this idea. I am always making different activities for my 3 year old. I think it would work in Spanish since we are raising our child in a bilingual household. And these activities look entertaining, so I can carry this notebool everywhere our afterschooling takes place. Thank you so much for sharing these amazing ideas.

15. This is terrific. Thank you. I have searched the internet for printables just like these. I don’t know how to make them myself, otherwise, I would have. Thank you!

16. Sherry Tejada says:

What an awesome resource! We’re homeschooling next year and this idea is fabulous!

Sherry Tejada

17. Debbie @ http://kidsbibledebjackson.blogspot.com/ says:

This is awesome! THANKS for sharing it!

18. Thank you so much for sharing this, but I’m curious why the instructions say to print to page 80 when there are more sheets after that.

Thanks!

19. Thank you! We’re looking forward to using this great resource of yours!

20. Thank you so much for sharing this daily notebook. My four year old always asks for school work like her brothers. This will be such a great help! I’ll be using your elementary one with my older boys.

21. I am just getting started homeschooling. I have a 4 year old. We did a 3 year loosely based curriculum (that I pulled together) the past year and I’m now preparing for K-4 and I plan to buy yours. Do you suggest this Daily Learning Notebook along with your 4 yr curriculum?

• I have the same question. Would we used both the K4 curriculum as well as the Daily Learning Notebook?

Thank you for all of your wonderful resources.

22. Hi i am trying to print this .. i absolutely love it… i can’t get it to print… and my adobe reader isnt working with win32 .. any suggestions??

23. This looks amazing! Thank you so much for making this a freebie. What a blessing!
    Tina @ Mommynificent

24. THANK YOU for this! I have your Letter of the Day curriculum and stumbled across this on Pinterest. My oldest is in the 2nd grade and middle child is almost 4 so both the pre-k and the elementary are wonderful for us. Thank you so much for all that you do to make homeschooling easier on the rest of us :)

25. is this the only thing you have her do each day or do you incorporate activities to supplement her lessons?I’m interested in using this!

26. Hello :-) For whatever reason I am really having a hard time getting the Pre-K Daily Learning Notebook to print. I’ve managed to print pages 1-16 3 times but I keep getting a printing error. Just wanted to make sure that everything is ok on your side of things . . .and I’ll keep trying on my side :-) I generally do not have a problem printing anything from your site or any other site so this one surprised me :-)

27. Love these!!! Thank you for sharing them!

28. Wow…thank you so much for sharing. You are awesome. I am going to start this with my three year old. He is so eager to learn. :)

29. Monique Carroll says:

Hi there Erica, as always you idea’s and the things you put together simply take my breath away, thanks so so so so much. :) :)

My youngest and second eldest will definitely be using this next year. Thank-you so so so much. :)

30. Thank you! We have been using your Elementary notebook this week for our first week. We will add this for my little guy who is the same age as your Teeny Tot. They have grown up together! lol

31. We use stickers for our 100 days chart for the big kids. Maybe teeny tot would like that. I have a cheap book of small stickers that they choose from.

32. Thank you!! I love this and just printed it off. I can not get page 11 (what time is it) to print without it being wonky. Am I the only one?

33. Thank you so much for adding Saturday and Sunday! I cant wait to start the school year and my son is getting excited and loves helping with the laminating. Hopefully he will enjoy school as much as he has enjoyed helping prep for it =)

34. I’m SO excited to find you have updated this! When I found it I realized I had printed the 2012 version and I love it! So happy to find the 2013 calender! Thanks so much for your great blog!

35. This is awesome!! My little one is 3 and I will start this now.
    I just wanted to let you know that the calendar for March is missing the 30th and 31st. Everything else is lovely!

36. Thank you so much for making this and for offering it for free. My kids are both really excited to get started. :-)

37. I purchased your Letter of The Week curriculum but won’t be starting my preschool til next year. Will you be updating your daily notebook month pages for 2014?
    I really love all your work! It’s going to be perfect for my little kids.
    thanks for doing this for all of us less-creative moms out there!!!!
    thanks,
    Heather Atwood

38. It seems that notebook is very useful. I’m pretty sure kid will love this and can really help to all parents.

39. I am very inspired with your site. I am a plain housewife and my eldest will be soon going to school. I love every learning worksheets that you made, and this notebook will surely help me guide my lil boy to be prepared to school. Thank you very much for sharing your blessings to moms like me. God bless you and your family.

40. I love the look of this notebook! I have twin 4 yr olds who will be doing preschool again next year and I would love to try this! Are you going to be making an updated version for 2014-2015?

• Hi Krista,
      Yes I’ll be making one, it probably won’t come out until closer to June or so when the other one runs out.

41. THANK YOU for this wonderful notebook! My pre-k little one loves it! I will be using it for the next one as well! Thanks again! I have linked this to my post on my blog:) Blessings!

42. I hope you will be updating this for the 2014/2015 school year as well! :) I would love to use it with my son!

• Ditto on this! I’m using a smaller version from Carissa at 1+1+1=1 to gradually get us going in the right direction but next school year your in depth notebook will work wonders for my kiddo!! Thank you for the resource!!!

43. id also love a 2014/2015 version! this would be so wonderful to use.