Our Curriculum 2013-2014

I’ve been getting several emails wondering what our 2013-2014 homeschool curriculum choices are! And even though I feel like our summer just started, I guess it’s about that time again!

As usual during our summer break I’ve been planning like crazy, and trying to get everything in order.

AND…I am trying one new thing this year thanks to my English forum, so thank you all for participating, I hope it helped you out as much as it did me!

IMG_9324web

So without further ado, here is our curriculum line up for the 2013-2014 school year!

IMG_9319web

Teeny Tot: Preschool letter of the Week with some K4 Kindergarten mixed in. I don’t want to do full Kindergarten with her just yet. She’s , so I’m going to slowly mix in K4 items as she’s ready.

IMG_9321web

Tinkerbell (2nd Grade)

IMG_9320web

IMG_9318web

Turbo (4th grade) & Strawberry Shortcake (5th Grade)

So that’s it! Our 2013-2014 curriculum lineup!

P.S. We’re in the process of moving, so we’ve actually started school a bit early this year so we can take a couple weeks off here shortly to move. I’ll keep you all posted on our new school area, and moving adventures!

What to see what others are doing? Make sure to hop over to iHomeschool Network to see what other homeschoolers are using for 2013-2014!

nbts-blog-hop-calendar-2013

Need more ideas? Check out the awesome curriculum available on my website!

Letter of the Week:

lotwcurriculumad

K4 Kindergarten Curriculum:

k4curriculumad

Road Trip USA & Road Trip USA Animals!

roadtripcurriculumad

Expedition Earth World Geography & Animals of the World:

EEcurriculumad

World’s Greatest Artists Vol. 1 & Vol. 2

artistcurriculumad

World’s Greatest Composers Vol 1

composerscurriculumad

Classic Literature Unit Studies

classiclitcurriculumad

Scientists & Inventors Unit Studies:

Scientistcurriculumpromo

• Cula Parker August 7, 2013 at 1:28 am

We love Wordly Wise! Our homeschool charter has it in their curriculum catalog available to order. Both of my kids love it!

• Lindsay August 7, 2013 at 8:21 am

Did you buy the teacher resource package with your Wordly Wise books?? Or are you just using the student books?

• erica August 7, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I just bought the Student books, the answer key, and the tests.

• Cula Parker August 8, 2013 at 2:05 am

Our homeschool charter supplies me with all of the teachers manuals for all the curriculum that they provide for free.

• Julia August 7, 2013 at 4:06 am

Looks like you’ll have an exciting year of learning ahead! Have a great move!

• Lindsay August 7, 2013 at 7:52 am

• Jessica August 7, 2013 at 8:03 am

I will start homeschooling my son (Kindergarten) in a few weeks. Glad I found your site to help with ideas and advice! I selected Sonlight to begin our homeschool adventure, seemed like a great place to start.

• Jessica August 7, 2013 at 9:47 am

I always love looking at your choices. Your curriculum posts have been a great help and direction for me in my last few years of homeschooling. We are also using Math U See alpha for our 2nd grader this year.

• AJ August 7, 2013 at 11:15 am

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for art and music curricula, and the ones you are using interested me very much. I have a second-grader and a Kindergartner, this year. Thanks for all you do. Love your site.

• Crystal August 7, 2013 at 11:34 am

I wanted to ask your opinion on the Typing Instructor software. Do you have a reason for going with the software over the online program? And are you happy with it? Some of the reviews stated kids found it too hard and\or complicated… I have 7 year old VERY beginner typer. Your thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

• erica August 7, 2013 at 9:11 pm

We really like it. I don’t have a reason for picking the CD over the online program though, I just bought it cheap used. So far I don’t think it’s very confusing, my kiddos seem to do pretty well with it. They play games and stuff here and there. It can be a little weird navigating the “island” of adventures, but otherwise it works well in my opinion.

• Gena August 7, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Looks like a great line-up! And it’s so nice to be able to be flexible with homeschooling so you can take some time off for the move.
    I have a curriculum link-up at my blog if you’d like to link this post there!

–Gena

• Karmen J. August 7, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Thank you sooo much Erica! First let me say that you are by far my favorite homeschooling stie to navigate!!!!! Okay now that I have that out of the way. It is nice to see that you mix up curriculum. This is my first year diving into homeschooling and My head is swimming. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old starting this year. I also have a 1 year old (on Friday!!) and he will have some “toddler activities” I kinda feel like this is the perfect time to get started with my boys (all three are boys) so that I can get comfy with homeschooling in the preschool/ Kindergarten phase. I also like how simple the preschool is! I am so buying the letter of the week for my 3 -year old. And I will have him hanging out for the Kindergarten lessons too. My only question is what did you do for Kindergarten? Is that a link for that? I am looking into A Beka and All about Reading/ Spelling for my son.

Thanks again!!!!

• Cara August 8, 2013 at 10:28 am

Erica, thanks for the piano suggestion! I have been looking for a teach yourself piano book, and this looks like it will be perfect for both kids!

1 2 3 4