World Geography Unit Study: Argentina
Buen Dia’ and welcome to our World Geography unit study! This week we’re learning all about Argentina! Did you know the Iguazu Falls are a series of falls on the Iguacu River that stretch a distance of over two miles. Their name comes from an Indian word meaning great water. That’s just one of the cool things we learned about this week!
So of course we started by going over all the countries we’ve learned so far, then found Argentina on the map.
Here are some of the things we learned on our voyage:
- Located Argentina and The Pampas on the map, and completed our worksheet
- Learned about the Argentina Flag and colored in our worksheet
- Learned how to say “Hello” in Spanish – Hola (Hello) Buen Dia’ (Good Day)!
- Prayed for the people of Argentina and Uruguay
- Learned an Argentinian Song
- Read: Children Just Like Me Book
- Completed our mini lap book activity
- Geography from A-Z: arsh, Meander
- Learned about and classified 6 animals of Argentina
- Read: Usborne Encyclopedia of World Geography
- Learned about Iguazu Falls: The widest waterfall in the world.
- Made Argentina Butter Cookies
Here are some of the highlights from our week:
Here is my white board, it has the country stats and song:
We learned about the flag of Argentina and completed a mapping activity.
Here’s our flag worksheet:
We learned about 6 animals from Argentina and added them to our VERY full animal classification wall.
Here were our favorites for the week: Southern Pudu, Tuco-tuco, and the Banana Spider
We made some yummy Argentina Butter Cookies.
We stamped our passports to end our journey!
Well that wraps up our week on Peru! Stay tuned as we head over to South Africa next week!
Click here if you’d like to follow along with our Expedition Earth Geography Curriculum Journey!
Expedition Earth is a hands on world geography curriculum that covers 31 countries across the world. It is designed primarily for K-5th grade students. Students will learn the continents, oceans, people, cultures, animals, climates, try new foods, crafts and more, all through hands-on activities!