My Teacher’s Desk Organization

teachersdesk2

Good morning fellow teachers! Today I thought it would be fun to do a short video on how I organize my teacher’s desk area. It’s kept full of all of our most frequently used supplies. This not only helps keep them organized, but it also saves us time so we’re not traipsing all over the house looking for things when we’re doing school.

I know not everyone has a teacher’s desk, we didn’t have one until I took over our office space for our homeschooling. But you can still use these tips to help keep your supplies organized using any drawers you have available. I used to have all of this in drawers in my kitchen, including our computer.

So just use whatever space you have available!

Watch my teacher desk organization video on Youtube.

Supplies mentioned in this video:

I hope you enjoyed this video and that it helps you see what supplies we use most, and gives you some organization tips for your homeschool as well!

• noel holley March 10, 2015 at 11:39 am

I LOVE your desk! I went to ikea’s website to find the exact dimensions, but cannot find anywhere the depth of the desk… the dimensions listed are 55 7/8 Wide X 29 1/2 Height but nothing for depth. Could you share please? 🙂
    thanks!

• erica March 11, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Yes, it’s about 19.5″ deep

• Sheena March 10, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Thanks for sharing!! Can you send me a link to the chair? My daughters’ have little desk in their rooms but need a chair that would easily fit under it.

• Renee March 11, 2015 at 5:56 am

Great set up, Erica! I envy your space -we just moved into a new house, so right now we are in boxes and piles 🙂 Please, share how you got HP to SEND you a computer!!!! That would be a miracle if we had a company send us a computer – we could certainly make use of one! Lucky lady, you are! Thanks for sharing (still not sure why I love looking at peoples’ organization, but it’s so much fun!) 🙂

• erica March 11, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Hi Renee,
      Sometimes companies will send us products to review on my blog, and HP was kind enough to do that a few years back. They contacted me for the giveaway and review.

• Vicki March 11, 2015 at 7:55 am

Thank you for sharing your desk and supplies organization. I agree about that tape. I use my fingers to u sticky it a bit before I use it. What is the name of that tape you use?

• Vicki March 11, 2015 at 7:57 am

That is “un-sticky” it before I use it. (Not a real word, so I was corrected.)

• Jennifer March 12, 2015 at 1:57 pm

I’ve seen some of your other video’s on your organization.. love them all. I’m an organizer! I’ve got some projects here I’ve been slowly working through for some things that needed a different way of being stored. I currently don’t have a teacher’s desk, our school room has been a play, school and craft storage room for a couple of years now, so I lost the space for a desk. Hoping to put an addition onto our home, which will result in us having a nice sized room (currently the “master” bedroom) for school! Thanks for sharing.

• Tanya Area April 7, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Erica,
    I have the same Ikea cube storage system that you have in your school room. I’m wondering if you have stumbled upon a plastic storage container (something similar to what you can get at Michaels for scrapbooking) that fits in the cubbies. So far everything I find is either too big or so small it leaves a lot of dead space. Thanks in advance.
    Tanya

• erica April 8, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Hi Tanya,
      No the Ikea cubbies are quite large, so anything else I’ve found is usually too small. Their bins are fairly cheap though, so no reason not to get them from Ikea anyway.

• Syvannah April 12, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Erica,
    Do you keep your printer in a different spot other than your homeschool room? Right now I feel like we lose so much space to our two printers/copier. Advice?