TipTuesday_SchoolWorkStorage_thumb.jpg

Tip Tuesday: School Work Storage Tips

Hi! I’m back with another Tip Tuesday video for you all! Today we’re talking about what to do with all of your child’s school work. Man that stuff can pile up!

TipTuesday_SchoolWorkStorage

As homeschoolers, we literally have a ton of papers, art projects, and crafts taking up our precious space. Unfortunately we don’t have space to keep everything that we do.

Do you store it all somewhere for safe keeping, or purge and move on? Find out how I handle the school work dilemma in today’s Tip Tuesday Video: School Work Storage Tips.

Hope Chest:

Another fun suggestion is to get a bankers box and have your child decorate it as their own. Next store just the meaningful projects, artwork, writings etc. that are special to you and your child. They’ll be fun to browse through later on when your children are older, and it makes a great keepsake too!

P.S. Make sure to check your state requirements for record keeping before purging!

I hope this helped make your homeschooling a little more organized and less cluttered. Do you have some fun storage ideas to share? Make sure to leave a comment below.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s Tip Tuesday, and…

Happy Homeschooling!

• Lori B. February 9, 2016 at 8:38 am

Hi Erica,

I would love to see your basement remodel/reorganization update. 😊
    I was like you and had kept all of my kids work. But with 5 kids I decided it was time to purge. For art work,
    I purchased an art portfolio for each child and have them store their art work in there. At the end of the yr I send it to ArtKive to have it bound in a book. The rest of the work we toss.

• erica February 9, 2016 at 10:29 am

I’ll take some pics for you and post them on Instagram/facebook 🙂

• Emily February 9, 2016 at 10:39 am

Great tip! You should really think about getting into periscope. Lots of homeschoolers that watch on periscope and enjoy tips, ideas, and tours of homeschool room.

• Sohret February 9, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Hi there Erica,

Thanks for your videos – this one I found particularly beneficial especially re your temporary storage system.

Have a great day 🙂

Sohret

• Becca February 9, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Thank you so much for all of your helpful tips!

• Lisa @ Real Kids Real Life February 10, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Thanks Erica! This is helpful and I particularly like that organizer you showed us. We also have 4 kids and this being our first year homeschooling I really have no plan for dealing with all the paperwork!

Also, I see a Bookshark binder on the shelf back there. Are you currently using it or reviewing it? We’re using it so would love to hear your thoughts.

• erica February 16, 2016 at 11:26 am

We got them from our options program and we’re using them in conjunction with our literature units as well. My kids aren’t loving the Book Shark books but we are making our way through some of them 🙂

• Vincent Burns February 12, 2016 at 4:21 pm

I would personally consider maybe trying to get a storage unit so that you can put away these crafts and things that your kids did while in school. Then you don’t have to worry about it taking up space in the home. You could also make a Hope Chest and put it in the storage unit.

• Narah February 14, 2016 at 1:41 pm

I have kept my lesson plan books, but in them I refer to what day we went through in our Sonlight curriculum. Should I keep the corresponding teacher books for reference to what we did in the year? Or is just referring to it enough? Thanks!

• erica February 16, 2016 at 11:03 am

I usually sell my used Teacher’s Manuals once we’re totally done using them. But since I still have Miss Lady Bug I keep most of my TM’s just because I know that I’ll re-use them. I wouldn’t sell the TM’s until you’re done with them, or unless you write specific lessons in your planner and don’t need to refer back to them when teaching. I use my TM’s everyday though 🙂

• Katherine February 16, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Just what I needed! Definitely need to start tossing some of the kids\’ stuff. Thanks for sharing these amazing tips, Erica!

Cheers!

• Elizabeth February 24, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I love your assignment book you have in their drawer, What program did you use?
    I have been just writing my son’s assignments down in a notebook for him. I would love something more organized.
    Thank you!!! I love your videos!