Hey guys! Today I’m sharing our 2016-2017 8th Grade homeschool curriculum with you. I know I’m a little late in sharing this, but it took longer for me to decide what we’re doing this year and to get some of the curriculum ordered. I’ll also be sharing our other curriculum picks for grades 2, 5, and 7 soon as well.
8th Grade Curriculum:
- Art: World’s Greatest Artists 2
- Bible: Word of Life Challenger Quiet Time devotion
- Cooking: At options
- English/Grammar: IEW Fix It Grammar
- History: Abeka History of the World
- Literature: Book Shark Literature (From our options program)
- Math: Math U See Algebra 1 (yikes!)
- Music: Choir (At our options program)
- P.E.: Swim Team
- Robotics: At options
- Science: Abeka Order and Design maybe a scientist unit if we can fit it in!
- Speech/Drama: At options
- Spelling: Spelling You See G
- Typing: Typing Web
- Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing Group A Continuation
Options: We participate in a once a week options program through our local school district. They offer a variety of classes that help supplement our homeschooling. It also provides the kids with a fun day where they get to see their friends and participate in a classroom environment. Here is a list of her classes this year:
- Drama/Ted Talks
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. I may receive a small percentage if you purchase items through my link, so thank you for helping to support my blog! That said, I do NOT recommend anything that we do not use in our homeschool.
Links mentioned in the video:
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Snowmen Stackable Pencils
- Gummy Bear Stackable Pencils
- Regular Stackable Pencils
- Fun Iwako Animal Erasers (20 Pack)
- Expandable Acrylic Drawer Organizer
And that’s it for our 8th grade curriculum line up this year! I’ll try to do a mid-year update to let you all know how it’s going. We’re trying some new curriculum this year, so that’s always exciting!
To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me:
Want to see more of my Tip Tuesday Videos? Make sure to click the image below to check out all of my homeschooling tips!
I hope this helps some of you out, I know getting started can be overwhelming! I wrote a book called Homeschooling 101 that will help answer all of your questions on how to get started homeschooling, choosing curriculum, creating lesson plans, etc. For more information on homeschooling check out my Homeschooling 101: A guide to getting started!