Vintage Christmas Pillow Pattern

Hi everyone! I have some fun new Christmas patterns coming your way, and I’m starting off with one of my favorites! My popular Vintage Christmas truck has been transformed into a super cute and festive Vintage Christmas Pillow!

VintageChristmas_Pillow_coah

This pattern is 100% pieced and is fairly easy to complete in just an afternoon! For this project I used the Overnight Delivery line by Sweetwater Fabrics for Moda.

It’s also a great scrap buster as many of the pieces are smaller and I think this pillow looks super cute with a variety of prints!

VCPillow2

I did some fun swirl quilting on it as well because it made me feel like swirling snowflakes. It was super easy too! I highly encourage you to quilt your own projects. I think it makes it just that much more special Smile I have free motion and straight line quilting tutorials you can check out too!

VCPillow3

I used this fun print from the Sweetwater Cookie Exchange line for the backing, and honestly it’s so cute, I fee like I could have it either way!

VCPillow4

And I chose this fun Sweetwater gingham red for the binding. Isn’t it so fun!?

VCPillow5

I hope you enjoy this pattern! Make sure to tag me on Facebook or Instagram or send me a pic if you make it so I can see!

Get your Vintage Christmas Pillow pattern here!

VintageChristmas_Pillow_IG

• Kerri November 3, 2018 at 7:26 pm

Is there an error on piece O, the top piece of the truck window? 1.5×5 does not work for me? Or did I do something wrong?

• erica November 5, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Hi Kerri,
      No Piece O is is correct. Check your P and 2 fabrics to make sure they’re the correct size. Please email me if you have any other questions and I’ll be able to help more. 🙂

• Deb Allred November 14, 2018 at 5:51 pm

I’m having problems with the O fitting on the window too, what am I doing wrong. P is 1.5+1.5 and Window is 3.5 that = 6.5 minus 1 in seam allowance makes 5.5 and the O is only 5. ??

• Heidi Johnson November 3, 2018 at 9:42 pm

These are such cute pillows! I wish I had the patience needed to make these works of art. 🙂

• Jessica Baker November 12, 2018 at 6:50 pm

I am having the same problem as Kerri with step 6 pieces fitting the step 7 piece. I have the O piece 1.5 x 5 with D on the corner. I have the 2 piece 2.5 x 3.5 with two P pieces 1.5 x 2.5. What am I missing? 😊

• erica November 13, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Hi Jessica, I’m sending an email to explain things better 🙂

• Tonya Sherman November 15, 2018 at 5:32 am

I love these trucks so much! Thanks for sharing them. I am going to do the patchwork pillow next! I also had the same problem with “O” I just changed it to 5.5 and it worked out beautifully. I am relatively new (just under a year sewing) to sewing and this pattern was easy to follow and sew! And boy they are adorable, I want to just sew these cuties all day!

• Deb November 15, 2018 at 7:19 am

Did you just shorten all the other pieces it’s connected to, like A+N+M/K?? And the truck engine section?

ericas_amazon

How to Homeschool Join MeHomeschool Organization e-courseHow to Teach Writing e-courseHow to Teach Reading e-course
How to Teach Math e-course
How to Teach Spelling e-course

About Me

About MeI am a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling mom to four of the sweetest kiddos you'll ever meet. Our family has been greatly blessed by this blog and I pray that God uses it to bless your family as well. Confessions was started as a way to share resources, ideas and encouraging tips on how to make your homeschool fun! I hope you enjoy your visit!