We found this fun activity on Blissfully Domestic today! It looked so easy I had to try it, especially since I hadn’t planned anything else for the afternoon out of sheer laziness, and I had everything for this already.
- Construction Paper
- Elmer’s Glue
- Baking Sheet or Plastic Tray
- Crayons or Chalk
- Place construction paper in plastic tray or cookie sheet (This is to minimize the mess!).
- Draw images on construction paper using crayons or chalk.
- Trace the drawings with glue (I had to help my 3 yr old with this part).
- Have fun pouring or sprinkling salt over the glue, shift the salt around to make sure all the glue is covered. Empty the excess salt off your paper and let it dry (shake off salt once more after the pictures dry)
(Note: This craft is as easy as it looked and the kids loved it!)
KR: Thanks for the heads up on tray size! I'll make sure to let people know when I recommend them!
We were inspired to try this craft as well and we really enjoyed it – http://www.onelittleroom.com/2010/03/12/art-that-we-enjoyed/ – thanks so much for taking the time to post about it!
What a great Idea I have cookie sheets I will be using and I decided to use the sprinkles that have been in the back of my cabinet for the past 7 years time to get rid of them and what a great way to do it!!