I’ve been so excited to be working through the new timelines from Grapevine Studies! They’ve recently put out Old Testament and New Testament timeline studies and I think it’s going to be so beneficial as we move forward through their other studies.
Once we get the timeline studies done it will be much easier to see when events occurred as we do other individual studies they offer.
The kids are really loving this study, and I always draw my version up on the board as we go so they have some reference to help them out. Thankfully the Teacher’s Manual shows me what to draw or I’d be lost!
Here is one of Strawberry Shortcake’s New Testament pages.
The Grapevine studies also come with a full color version which we decided to put up on our wall for an easy guide. As we go through the study I add that page to our timeline. I am running out of wall space but I think it’s worth it!
(The above timeline images are in the Old Testament Wall Timeline Teacher PDF)
They have Old Testament and New Testament Wall Timelines, plus teacher notes for instruction. Grapevine also offers blank timelines (both in color and black/white) if you want to color in your own figures as well.
If you’re planning to do one of these levels you’ll want to purchase the Old Testament Timeline Student Book and Teacher Book. The Student Book includes blank timeline pages for students to fill in and the Teacher’s Book includes instruction for each Biblical event. It’s a great way to see the chronology of the Bible all in one spot.
The timelines move fairly quickly as well, they’re really just overview information for each event in history, then as you add in your other more specific studies such as Joseph, Ruth, Esther, Birth of Jesus, etc. You can see exactly where they fit in history.
Want more info? Visit any of the below links!
You can see my other reviews of Grapevine products here:
Grapevine is offering a free Teacher and Student Timeline study to one of you!
- Simply leave a comment below letting me know why you’d like to win a free timeline.
Additional Optional Entries: (not required to win, leave a separate comment on this post for each additional entry)
- Like Grapevine on Facebook: let them know Erica @ Confessions sent you!
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS to Confessions
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Win a Grapevine Timeline from @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 2/10/12! /?p=6634
Nitty Gritty Giveaway Details:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday February 10, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday February 12, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form. (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: Grapevine provided me with a complimentary copy to review and giveaway on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.