Hi everyone, looking forward to a relaxing summer? I know I am! And one of the things that helps relieve some of the stress in my life are my Monthly Meal Plans!
Download the June 2012 Monthly Meal Plan:
My Smoothie Recipe:
I’m kind of lazy when it comes to smoothies, I buy the family packs of Yoplait or Jamba Smoothies they have in the grocery store for days when I need a quick breakfast. Just add milk or orange juice and voila!
Here is my recipe for days when I have a little more time…
- 1 banana (frozen is better, but I will work at room temp.)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (Again, room temp is okay)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (We prefer frozen yogurt)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons honey to taste (The plain fruit can be a bit sour, but the orange juice helps with this, so try it before adding honey)
Add all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth! Pour into glasses and serve!
This usually serves my 4 kiddos and me, but they all get half glasses. If I need a little more, I’ll just add in some more milk or juice. It makes the smoothie a bit runny, but no one seems to mind and it’s cheaper that way!
Note: Really you can use any type of fruit you prefer! Some of our favorites alternatives to above:
- Mango, peach, & banana.
- Raspberry, Blueberry, and Strawberry
Hope the meal plans help relieve a little bit of mom-stress this month!