Hi everyone, I don’t know about you, but with the crazy cold temperatures here, I’m in the mood for spring! And so it’s with great excitement that I’m releasing a new quilt pattern today. It’s called “Free Bird” and I love the simplicity of this one. It’s super fast and easy to make and is even good for beginners.
My fabric choices:
For this quilt I used a mix of Tilda Apple Bloom and Bumblebee fabric for the patterned areas, and Moda Bella Solid white 9900-97 for the white triangles. Their lines tend to have a nice vintage look to them and I think they blend well together. You can find Tilda fabric online and on Etsy . Willow Cottage Quilt Co also sells Tilda and offers US shipping!
The backing I used is from the Bee Backgrounds (C6381) line by Lori Holt and I think it’s one of my all time favorite prints for backing!
–>> Get the Free Bird Quilt Pattern here! <<–
This pattern comes with instructions as well as a template to be able to create this gorgeous quilt. You just need to choose fabric!
- 3/4 yard of 11 different prints. (You can also use scraps to give this quilt more variety!)
- 2 1/4 yards of white fabric
- 5/8 yard binding
- Triangle Template (included in pattern) OR this 8.5″ 60 degree Triangle Ruler
- Panasonic Cordless Iron
- Olfa 45mm Rotary Trimmer
- Aurifil 50wt Cotton Thread
- Fabric Starch (Optional)
Finished Size approx.: 54” x 74”
Here are a few more of my Quilting Tutorials online if you’re just getting started:
- How to Quilt 101 video series
- Sherbet Stars Quilt Tutorial
- Pink Pig Rag Quilt Tutorial
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Board Game (*Great for learning beginning skills!)
- Patchwork Book Cover
- Quilt-as-you-go Book Cover
- Kids Pillow with Pocket
- How to Applique’ Basics (Don’t worry it’s super easy!)
- Thread Catcher Tutorial
- My Quilting projects
To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me: