Animated Books Online!

I stumbled across some animated books on YouTube today with help from Learning Parade and had to share them! They are very well done and our kids are loving them!

This one child watching lead to 3 kids watching….

And finally to all four kids watching…

Here are links to some of the ones we love:

• Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
  • Rosie’s Walk by Pat Hutchins
  • Goodnight Gorilla by Eric Carle
  • Papa Please Get the Moon For Me by Eric Carle
  • The Mixed Up Chameleon by Eric Carle
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

I made a fun hands on activity to go along with The Very Hungry Caterpillar Book! Here’s the post with the Letter C Activities, scroll down to the bottom to see how I used the Hungry Caterpillar activity. You can download the Hungry Caterpillar cards here!

• The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle
  • Owl Babies by Martin Waddell

Hope you enjoy!

• Chris January 12, 2010 at 7:28 am

just wanted to let you know that i appreciate your blog so much! thanks for sharing so much about homeschooling.. you are a blessing!

• jmlosievski January 12, 2010 at 11:49 am

How did you use the Hungry Catipillar Cards? They are so cute, but I'm not sure what to do with them 🙂

• carlylennox January 12, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Thanks so much for the link to Learning Parade, I'm so glad you enjoyed the post! I know a really good attention and listening game that you could play with the cards. I'll feature it soon. Your blog is great! 🙂

• Ticia January 12, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Okay, that is the cutest video ever of Goodnight Moon.

• schmobes January 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Thanks for the Hungry Caterpillar cards! I have had something similar in my head for months, but have never gotten around to making them! Love your blog!

• Confessions of a Homeschooler January 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Schmobes: I cut out the cards, then hole punched them. I provided my kids with a piece of yarn and as we read the story, they laced the correct card onto the string. When we got to the end and the caterpillar goes into his coccoon, I had them put their laced cards into an envelope. I carefully swapped this envelope out with one that had the butterfly pieces in it. When they reached into pull out their caterpillar they got a butterfly! You can see pics if you click on the link above.

• carlylennox January 13, 2010 at 1:29 am

It was a lovely idea to use the envelope, a great way for the children to visualize the cocoon!

• Kelly January 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Thank you so much! We watched a few of these this morning and even my 2 year old sat still!

• Gaby January 13, 2010 at 5:02 pm

We watch those animated books online too! With the addition of green eggs and ham also. I read my son the books in Spanish and let the computer do it in English