stART – Rainbow Fish

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stART concept, if you haven’t gotten involved yet, Visit A Mommy’s Adventures for more info! Each Thursday Michelle puts up her stART project for everyone to link up to and share ideas.

Simply put: A Story + Art = A Great stART!!

Our first project is The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister, this went along perfectly with our Letter F For Fish activities!

IMG_3079

I found the Rainbow fish idea on Bytes of Memory’s blog, and since we already had the book, I went for it!

IMG_3077

We made these fun little fish using colored construction paper and Tin Foil pieces. I had the bright idea of cutting them with my 1” hole punch so they looked like scales, but really I like how Bytes of Memory’s turned out better. She let her child tear the pieces of paper to add on to the fish.

IMG_3074 IMG_3076

For more stART projects, be sure to click the button below!

• Ticia February 9, 2010 at 5:38 am

I don't know. I think the one inch circles are pretty cool too.

• sbswtp February 9, 2010 at 5:40 am

great project!!! I love how it came out :)…And I totally love your blog!!!

• Char February 9, 2010 at 7:34 am

Hi I just started following your blog. Cute ideas.

• Fiona February 9, 2010 at 10:42 am

Hiya. I wanna join this. I do a lot of art things based on books we have read. I am soo bad with computer stuff though. How do I add my link, how do I link back to 'a Mommy's adventure' and how do I add the icon in for St-art?I would be very happy if you could help!

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler February 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Fiona: If you just highlight the button with your mouse then copy the button by pressing "Ctrl + C" then go to your blog post and press "Ctrl + V" it will paste the button in your post. It should automatically link back to Mommy's Adventure.

• Mama to 4 February 9, 2010 at 1:28 pm

What a cute idea! I was thinking about using this book sometime down the road for stART too! I love the craft your kids did! 🙂

• Lindsay February 9, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Aww I think yours turned out super cute! I like the circles. I also cut Sammy's out since his pieces went outside of the lines I drew so that helped to trim up the edges some :-). Thanks for linking to my project and glad you guys had fun working on your stART project.

• Bran February 10, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I really like the circles too.

• Michelle February 21, 2010 at 11:02 am

This came out so cute!!!We love this book, I will have to try this project with Emily. I love the circles too! Thanks for linking to stART :0)

• Donna November 2, 2015 at 6:58 pm

I have all of your alphabetical sheets for the alphabet except for the letter F. The sheet gives a saying with all of the f words for a fish and a picture of a fish but I do not have that one. The information at the bottom of the page is “copyright @ 2011 http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com. Can you help me out with just that one page. Thanks!