AUG
2012

Life Size Human Anatomy Activity

Hi everyone! I’m gearing up for science this year and have a fun printable to share with you today! It’s a Human Body Anatomy Puzzle and life size organs!

We’re going to work on the Human Body a little bit this year, so I created a human body skeleton and organs puzzle along with some life size organs that you can use with a simple outline tracing of your students body!

Here is a sample of the puzzle, I used a Xyron 900 9" Creative Station with the Magnetic/Laminate insert to make my puzzle magnetic. But you can also just simply laminate for durability.

IMG_7192web

–> Download the Human Anatomy Printables <–

The puzzle is about 2 feet tall, and includes the skeleton pieces, all of the major organs, and word labels. Here is a closer view of the puzzle so you can see the labels, and pieces. There is also teacher’s manual for this part that includes the body organ functions along with a guide for proper organ placement.

IMG_7193web

For fun I also created printable color and black and white organ printables. Use a piece of butcher paper to trace your student, then have them put the organ pieces on their body outline. The pieces have flaps on them, so you can glue them on, then flip them up to reveal what the major function of that organ is.

IMG_7309web

Here is our finished girl, and the proud designers.

IMG_7313webIMG_7310web

They even went so far as to make a shirt and shorts for her. There is a brain printable for the model, but the girls though it messed up her face, so they refused to add it!

IMG_7311web

I hope you enjoy using the Human Body Anatomy Puzzle to help teach your students all about the human body!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Oh, that is really cool! Thanks! :-)

2. this is great! thank you for sharing!

3. Oh my GOSH! This is fantastic! Thank you for sharing!!

4. Thanks for sharing this is fabulous:) Downloaded and printing right now

5. This looks fantastic! The links do not seem to be working for me though – I can’t download the printables. Is anyone else having problems or is it just my computer?

• Hi Melissa,
      If it won’t open, try to RIGHT click on the download link, then select “SAVE LINK AS”, you’ll then be prompted to save it to your computer. Then you can open and print! Let me know..

6. Wow! Another amazing resource – thank you!

7. thank you SOOOOOOOO much for this! was just looking for human body things & came to your blog to ask you a totally unrelated question & here it was. you, as always, are amazing! on another note— i am trying to order the 1 3/8″ circle punch from Archiver’s that you used on your bottle cap letters & i can’t find it on their website. we don’t have one of their stores here. is there another name that i might search for it under? thanks! laura

8. Andrea Gardner says:

Once again you are awesome. We did human anatomy last year, but this makes me think we need a refresher week ;)

9. thank you for this!! can you tell me what type of printer you use? i’m looking to replace ours and figured that your’s must be a good one for all the printing you do. thanks for your time!

• Nicole Platte says:

I love our epson workforce all in one! It’s the 845. If you get it on sale it’s a steal and it is a real workhorse. I guess that’s what they mean by workforce. ?

10. Thanks, I have been looking for a human body printable for a while.

11. Wow! really nice! Thank you sooo much for sharing.

12. Thank You so much!! I can’t wait to do this.

13. Jennifer D. says:

Thank you for sharing your creativeness with all of us.

We love Science here and my boys will love getting their hands on some organs!! : )

14. Thanks for all the great ideas! We can’t do make this!

15. This is AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing! And so perfect as I was looking for something like this to add to our week next week!!!

Thanks! You rock!
    Beth =-)

16. Barbie Fisher says:

This looks awesome. Thank you so much for sharing. You make homeschooling easier.

17. I absolutely love it! Thank you so much. God bless.

18. THANK YOU for the big organs! I was looking for this very thing – SO grateful I stumbled across your site.

19. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I have been looking for too, and although we aren’t ready for it yet, we have it! Much appreciation!

and I love your blog!

20. Jenny Kurtz says:

Love it! This will come in handy in the future.
    Your printables & blog are such a blessing to so many in the homeschooling community! Thanks again for sharing with us! God bless you & your family :)

21. my son would love this, he has been obsessed with body parts since he was about three.

22. I finally let go of my “everything needs to be 8.5x 11″ standard last year. (with 5 kids, saving projects can become a nightmare.) we did a body book last year and had a printout like this one, plus all the organ systems. The boys loved it!
    Thanks for sharing. Resources like this one are priceless:)

23. I’m doing going to use as a review from last year’s study of the human body. That’s if I can find paper big enough for drawing the shape of the body. Thanks.

24. I love this! My kids (ages 4 and 5) are really into learning about the human body right now. We have a small skeletal and organ foam puzzle I have been using to help our lessons but being able to add in the word recognition all in one place is awesome. Thank you!

25. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this, we will be studying the human body later on this year!

26. I was just getting ready to cut all of these pieces out of felt and make a felt body. Man, thank you for saving me. :) This is great!!

27. Thanks, Erica! Looking forward to incorporating this somehow this year. :)

28. Even though my boys are young (4 and 1), I’ve read your blog for years, although I’ve never commented. Today is different, though. Thank you so much for these printables. Our one year old was born with complex heart defects (basically half a heart), and he’s had multiple open heart surgeries and hospitalizations. Explaining things to our four year old in an age-appropriate way is challenging. We have many books about the human body, and your printables complement them well. I laminated the puzzle pieces, and then James cut out the large organs and used his books to determine where to tape the organs on his shirt or hat. Talking about each organ led to age-appropriate conversations about his brother’s heart defects, digestive issues, and brain injury. I think many homeschooled families will find these printables useful, but I wanted to let you know that they serve an important purpose in my family, too. Thanks!

29. This is perfect, thank you! I’m just in the middle of planning out a human body unit for one of my kids.

Speaking of which, I can’t believe how grown up your daughter is looking this year! Wow!

30. Very well, the girls!!! it’s magnifique!!
    Thanks for all your great ideas!!

31. Thank you, my first grade class is going to love doing this project!

32. In a word: AWESOME!!! I’ve been looking for material for the human body, and this is simply great!!!!

Thank you so much. God Bless!!

33. for your last year art class you had a picture of some books the kids get to draw pictures and the backgound comes with lots of colors. where did you get those books.

34. Oh how lovely to wander upon your site!! I was at a loss with how/what to teach when I left ABEKA and needed to do my own homeschooling. Your site has helped me with that!! Thank you so much for all of this!

35. This is *AWESOME*. Thank you!

36. Christian Cunard says:

37. This will be so helpful for my children this coming school year. I have a son in 1st, K, and preschool and it will be nice for them to make their own to learn about their bodies. I will be adding the kidneys and, pancreases too. Thanks for the wonderful posting.

38. These are awesome! Thank you!

39. Thank you…I have been looking for something fun, amazing, simple to understand and this is all of those things! We will have a great time learning with this!

40. Hydrangeas and Harony says:

Thanks so much for all your work and efforts to make this! This is the perfect capstone to our semester of studying anatomy. I appreciate your willingness to share your work! Blessings.

41. This is such a helpful resource. Thank you so much for sharing. I will use these at a “Science Night” at our elementary school The big kids are running stations for the little ones. They are laminating these, hot gluing them to aprons, and the kids will wear their insides on the outsides.

42. Vivian McDermott says:

We have taken on board all these ideas for our pre-school room and it has extended the curriculum wonderfully.

43. Thank you thank you thank you…… I have just spent 3 days looking for something like this for my cub scout. Thanks so much

44. This is just what I was looking for! Thank you so much for sharing! :)