notebookcursivepromo.jpg

Daily Learning Notebook–Cursive

Hi everyone! I had such a great response to my Elementary Daily Learning Notebook, and Preschool level Daily Learning Notebook! I also had a bunch of requests for a cursive version, and frankly I don’t know why I didn’t make one to start with since Strawberry Shortcake is a cursive guru! So as requested…

Today I have the Daily Learning Notebook – Cursive Version!!

notebookcursivepromo

–> Download the Daily Learning Notebook-Cursive <–

What’s Included in the Download? This printable is identical to the other Daily Learning Notebooks (Links below).

The first page talks about today’s date, days of the week, and numbers:

• What day is it?
  • What was yesterday?
  • What will it be tomorrow be?
  • Write the date
  • Color in the day number
  • Is today’s number ODD or EVEN?
  • Write today’s number
  • Write the number that comes before and after today’s number

The next page covers money and time:

• What time is it?
  • What time was it 1 hour ago?
  • What time will it be in 2 hours?
  • Make the date in coins.

Tally Marks: We also keep track of our days in school using tally marks, at the end of the month we’ll count up all of our school days then write the number in the circle at the bottom of that month’s box.

100 days count down: We’re also keeping track of our days in school up to 100. If you can’t read the numbers below, don’t worry! Strawberry Shortcake has taken to writing fancy little stick people on all of her numbers…

Monthly Calendar and weather tracking: We are also tracking our calendar days in school, they’ll write the month on the top of each calendar, then write the day’s number each day. At the bottom of the page is a place to track weather for each month. At the end we’ll discuss which type of weather we had most, least, etc. (The download has months in school year order: August – July, I also included a blank month for those of you who prefer to have students write the month titles on their own.)

If you missed my previous Daily Learning Notebook posts you can click to download any of the versions below:

MAC USERS: MAC users are saying that they get black lines across the file. If you install Adobe Reader, then open the file with that I think that takes care of the issue. Apparently Safari tries to open the file in preview or something instead of full view. Hope that helps!

• Karen September 25, 2012 at 6:15 am

Awesome, thanks so much for taking the time to post this…my 2nd grader is so happy to have one in cursive. You Rock!

• Lorus September 25, 2012 at 7:55 am

Thank you! These are such great learning tools!

• Amy September 25, 2012 at 9:11 am

We just started using the Daily Notebooks for both ages. My kids absolutely love them. Thank you so much – what a blessing!

• Laurie September 25, 2012 at 10:11 am

Erica,

I can’t tell you how excited I was this morning when I saw the Daily Notebook in Cursive. My daughter is just learning to write cursive! Thank you so much.

Laurie

• Bonnie C September 25, 2012 at 10:27 am

Erica –

FWIW, I’m on a Mac and I’ve downloaded all 3 Daily Notebooks (and countless other materials) with no problem. I’m using Chrome, not Safari.

I also just wanted to say THANK YOU!! The free printables you make are insanely amazing and I *really* appreciate everything you share with the rest of us! 🙂 I’m not a Homeschooler – I don’t think ANYONE in my family would survive the attempt ;p – but I found your site looking for anything to help my pre-kindergardener with calendar/days of the week which he was struggling with in pre-K and I found the motherlode on your site. SO. AWESOME. Not only are your materials easy enough to use for those of us who are not educationally inclined, but your design skills are inspirational!

Anyhoo, thanks again and best of luck!!

Bonnie

• Melissa September 25, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I’m going to preface this by saying it’s probably a dumb question.

We just started homeschooling a month ago & I love the idea of these books. How do people use the first couple pages (where you write the date, etc). Do you make multiple copies, put them in plastic sleeves and use dry erase? I’m probably over thinking this way too much.

• Demetria @ Christian Homeschool Moms September 26, 2012 at 9:43 am

Wowie! Thanks!! Downloading the Pre-K pack now.

• Kristina Brooke September 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I found your blog via the facebook link you posted in the Homeschooling Collective group. I absolutely love this! I printed it and laminated all of the pages so that we could reuse.

• Brianna September 30, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Erica! THANK YOU!!! I am always overwhelmed with gratitude with all that you offer!

I am curious…. what are the possibilities of a Pre-K cursive daily notebook? In our home we do Cursive First. Do you have anything like that available? (for purchase even….)

Thanks again Erica!

• Carolyn E October 1, 2012 at 10:45 am

First of all, THANK YOU for all you do! I do not homeschool, but expand on what my son learns at school here at home. And just starting to dabble in some “Tot School” for my 15 month old.

I also have a Mac and have no issues seeing it (I do have Adobe Reader), but I do have some black lines on mine, but I think it’s certain fonts you used aren’t showing up. Like all of the headings you have and the Months in the boxes on page 7, (looks like a cursive font). Maybe I need to find that font and download it on my computer and that would help. Do you have a listing of what fonts you use?

Thank you again!