elementarynotebookpromo.jpg

Elementary Daily Learning Notebook

dailylearning_cover

Hi everyone! As promised, I have the elementary level Daily Learning Notebook for you all today! After seeing the cute one I made for Teeny Tot’s preschool this year the other kiddos all requested one as well, so I made one that was a little more of a challenge.

It also turns out that this helps with some of the daily things that Math U See doesn’t necessarily cover as often so it was a win-win!

dailynotebookpromo

–> Download the Elementary Level  Daily Learning Notebook <–

MAC USERS:  MAC users are saying that they get black lines across the file. If you install Adobe Reader, then open the file with that I think that takes care of the issue. Apparently Safari tries to open the file in preview or something instead of full view.  Hope that helps!

The first page talks about today’s date, days of the week, and numbers:

• What day is it?
  • What was yesterday?
  • What will it be tomorrow be?
  • Write the date
  • Color in the day number
  • Is today’s number ODD or EVEN?
  • Write today’s number
  • Write the number that comes before and after today’s number

IMG_7465web

The next page covers money and time:

• What time is it?
  • What time was it 1 hour ago?
  • What time will it be in 2 hours?
  • Make the date in coins.

IMG_7466web

Tally Marks: We also keep track of our days in school using tally marks, at the end of the month we’ll count up all of our school days then write the number in the circle at the bottom of that month’s box.

IMG_7467web

100 days count down: We’re also keeping track of our days in school up to 100. If you can’t read the numbers below, don’t worry! Strawberry Shortcake has taken to writing fancy little stick people on all of her numbers…

IMG_7468web

Monthly Calendar and weather tracking: We are also tracking our calendar days in school, they’ll write the month on the top of each calendar, then write the day’s number each day. At the bottom of the page is a place to track weather for each month. At the end we’ll discuss which type of weather we had most, least, etc. (The download has months in school year order: August – July)

IMG_7470web

And that’s it, our Elementary Level Daily Learning Notebook! If you missed yesterday’s post with the preschool level notebook you can click to download either version below:

• Elice September 12, 2012 at 11:55 pm

So I was stalking my email and Facebook page waiting for this post! I know…I need a hobby 🙂 I LOVE the Pre-K notebook you put out yesterday and was anxiously anticipating the elementary notebook, and I must say that I am NOT disappointed. You are so creative. Thanks for taking the time to create such great resources and for making them very cost effective.

• Erica September 13, 2012 at 10:51 am

Thanks, I’m so glad you’re enjoying it!

• Madison L September 13, 2012 at 12:57 am

Thank you for sharing. I was so excited to pin this to my math board. It’s my hope that lots of other teachers will love your blog as much as I do. 🙂

• Christine September 13, 2012 at 4:33 am

I have had a homeschool for 9 years now and just discovered your website yesterday for the first time. I am quite excited to come across new resources and ideas. Thank you!

• Loretta Smith September 13, 2012 at 4:55 am

So do you still have Calendar time all together and then have them fill in their notebook as you do Calendar?

• Erica September 13, 2012 at 10:57 am

Yes, we do it all together in the morning. It helps Tinker Bell as well since she needs help filling hers out.

• Jessica September 13, 2012 at 5:26 am

LOVE these! Exactly what I was looking for plus more 🙂 Is there any chance you will be doing one in cursive or an even older version?

• Erica September 13, 2012 at 10:58 am

Yes i’m working on cursive version now.

• Sharon September 15, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Are you doing a pre-k cursive as well by any chance?? We start with cursive first here.

• Kim August 8, 2013 at 12:27 am

Is the cursive version available? We start with cursive first.

• Heather September 13, 2012 at 6:00 am

Printing this out now!! Cant wait to start using them!!

• Lindsay September 13, 2012 at 6:01 am

These notebooks are so awesome. Girl, I don’t know how you find the time 🙂 I also added some sign language sheets from abc teach if anyone is interested!

• Hope September 13, 2012 at 6:14 am

So glad to know that my son isn’t the only one that draws stick figures and faces on whatever he is writing!

• Rebekah Gainey September 13, 2012 at 6:46 am

Just printed this. Can’t wait to start using them with my daughter. Thank you for sharing.

• Kristi J. September 13, 2012 at 7:35 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Thank you SO much!!!!!

1 2 3 8