Preschool Daily Learning Notebook

Hi everyone! I’m excited to share a new freebie with you all today! It’s my preschool daily learning notebook! I’ve seen several versions of these on various blogs and decided to create one that fit our needs. I wanted something that allowed the Teeny Tot to work on her calendar time activities each day, and this was a perfect fit!

IMG_7462web

The Preschool Daily Learning Notebook includes:

• What day is it?
  • Find today’s number
  • Write today’s number
  • Write today’s number word (I don’t always require her to do this, but added it for days when she’s on days 1-10)

prektotcalendarpromo

I made a printable for each weekday, Monday through Friday, with traceable days on it for preschoolers. On this page she’ll trace the weekday, find today’s number and color in the circle. Trace the number (I write this in with pencil for her to trace), and then write the number word for the day. Right now I only have her do this when we’re on days one-ten.

IMG_7460web

IMG_7448web

I think her favorite activity is finding the temperature. (We have a simple thermometer right outside our front door that she checks.) Then she comes in and colors a weather appropriate outfit on her paper doll.

IMG_7461web

It also covers:

• What time is it?
  • What temperature is it?
  • What would I wear for this temperature?
  • I can write my name (monthly name writing practice)

IMG_7449web

Each month Teeny Tot will trace the month name, then write in one number per day to fill in the calendar for each month. She’ll also color in a box for the weather. I only went to 25 on this because I figure most of us only do about 20 days per month, so I gave a few more just for you hard core homeschoolers out there! NOTE: Since she’s not ready to write the numbers on her own, I wrote them in dashed font for her to trace.

monthpromo

She’ll also color in one box for each day we’re in school until we get to 100! Uhem…She apparently misunderstood when I said color in ONE square…so I’ll be  re-printing and we’ll try this one again!

IMG_7471web

I also added numbers, shapes, and letters to her pack. To help make them easier to find, I put in colored divider tabs so she can flip to the correct spot.

IMG_7472web

For the numbers I put lightly colored dots on each one, I plan to have her put a sticker for each dot on the numbers, then trace the number word. But you can also have them color the shape, or glue the correct amount of objects to it as well.

totnotebook2

–> Download the Preschool Daily Learning Notebook <–

Psst…stick around tomorrow for the elementary level daily learning notebook!

MAC USERS:  MAC users are saying that they get black lines across the file. If you install Adobe Reader, then open the file with that I think that takes care of the issue. Apparently Safari tries to open the file in preview or something instead of full view.  Hope that helps!

• MommyBrainTLC September 12, 2012 at 12:07 am

That is so cute! I’m going to download that for my little Tinker Bell (she’s a teeny tot too). Thank you so much for sharing this! Now she will have something else to learn and work on while I work with her big brothers! :0)

• Sheri Griffith September 14, 2012 at 5:08 am

My teeny tot will love this! Thank you again for wonderful and helpful ideas!

• Diane September 12, 2012 at 12:17 am

Wow!!! This is amazing and such perfect timing for me!! I was just going to sit down and dedicate some time to creating her “work notebook” and I see your fb post. I am so thankful for this and all the time it took and your willingness to share. I have a question, I downloaded the pages and on almost all the pages some of the type comes out as a graduated line of black. For instance, on the September calendar (pg 13) instead of the days of the week being displayed there is a big think line that starts white on the left and moves to black as it goes to the right. Is there a way to fix this?? I have no idea if it is my computer or not, I actually downloaded it twice and it did the same thing both times. Thanks again so much for everything!! 🙂

• Kirsten September 12, 2012 at 4:23 am

I had this same problem and tried both in Safari and Firefox. Any ideas?

• Siobhan September 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I had the same problem! I really want to print these off. They are perfect!

• stacy weiner September 12, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I just printed them and have the same issue…HELP:)

• Erica June 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm

If the file won’t open in your browser, instead of clicking to open it in a browser window, try to “RIGHT” click on the download link, then select “SAVE LINK AS”. You will then be prompted to save the file to your computer. Then you should be able to open it and print as needed.

• Diane September 12, 2012 at 12:33 am

Hi again, I was downloading while in Firefox. I switched to Safari and it downloaded PERFECTLY. Thank you so much again. 🙂

• Erica September 12, 2012 at 8:51 am

Okay, weird, not sure why it’s doing that. If you have troubles try to RIGHT click on the download link and select “SAVE LINK AS” then you will be prompted to save it to your computer. Then try to open and see if that helps.

• Angela September 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I tried to “SAVE LINK AS”, but unfortunately it didn’t work. The graduated line is still there instead of the text. 🙁
        Great lesson plans! I have fallen in love with them just this year and started using them with my 3-year-olds. So far they LOVE it and ask to do “school time” every day. How old is your little one? I assume with the repetition week after week, she gets better with time? Some of my little ones struggle in areas, but I hope repetition will help with that.
        Thanks for putting in the work to prepare all of the curriculum!

• Amy September 12, 2012 at 5:42 pm

If you go to options on your computer and click on “allow all of page” it should work. I had the same problem also until I released the restriction. Hope that helps 🙂

• Angela September 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Thanks Amy! I cannot find “allow all of page” option. Wonder if it is a Mac thing? I still just have the black to white line. 🙁

• stacy weiner September 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm

tried everything still no luck:)

• Rachel September 12, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I’m having the same issues and also have a Mac. I’ve tried Safari and Firefox–both with the same result. Maybe it’s the font that is used?? I hope we can figure it out, because I LOVE this set, and I can’t wait to get started on it with my preschooler!! 🙂

• Regina September 13, 2012 at 9:26 am

I have the same problem and I don’t have a Mac.

• Kris September 13, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Yes, I think it is a font thing. My husband’s mac downloaded it fine, but mine won’t. Even after I did all the apple updates, restarted and tried again – it still doesn’t work. I’ll be printing from his computer tonight. Good luck!

• erica September 13, 2012 at 2:38 pm

If you can’t get it to work, email me at erica at confessionsofahomeschooler.com

• Adrienne September 14, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Hi Erica!
          I love this notebook and so want to use it! I have a Mac two (my husband just switched us from PC and I am still trying to get my bearings with this new thing!) Did you find out what is wrong? I’ve tried fixing all the settings that I can think of and nothing has worked so far….. I REALLY want to use this. Any help would be great! We have Safari for our web browser and all our documents are opened automatically with Adobe. Thanks for helping! I love your blog! 🙂

• stacy September 12, 2012 at 10:04 pm

is safari a free download?

• Hannah September 12, 2012 at 1:19 am

Thank you so much!!! This will be great for my little guy! 🙂

• Camille Kelsch September 12, 2012 at 1:34 am

WOW, I’ve been sitting here all night trying to find the perfect calendar notebooks to use with my kids and then I got your email with these wonderful downloads for my 4 and 5 yr olds and the link to ■Homeschool Creations Calendar Notebook to use for the older ones. I’m sitting here crying thanking God for helping me out. He never ceases to amaze me! Thank you sooooo much, you are truly an angel!!!

• Aise September 12, 2012 at 1:48 am

Thank you soooooo much for continually sharing all these helpful materials. Really great help for us! God bless your heart 🙂

• Charrise September 12, 2012 at 1:52 am

Thank you very much!

• American Sarta September 12, 2012 at 1:53 am

This is perfect! I love how it contains everything! Great Job, thanks for sharing!

American Sarta-Huge fan, follows you from Italy!

• Natalie September 12, 2012 at 2:55 am

this is perfect!!! thank you!

• Kelly September 12, 2012 at 4:47 am

Love your preschool notebook……hope to print it soon!
    The first thought I had is……Does she know about PROCLICK?
    PROCLICK is the most wonderful invention….and I get my JOLLIES
    out of using it! It’s a binding system where it lays flat, and you can
    open spines at any time. I am so using PROCLICK when I print this!
    Check it out…..You will love it and find many uses for it!

1 2 3 9