SEP
2012

Preschool Daily Learning Notebook

Hi everyone! I’m excited to share a new freebie with you all today! It’s my preschool daily learning notebook! I’ve seen several versions of these on various blogs and decided to create one that fit our needs. I wanted something that allowed the Teeny Tot to work on her calendar time activities each day, and this was a perfect fit!

IMG_7462web

The Preschool Daily Learning Notebook includes:

• What day is it?
  • Find today’s number
  • Write today’s number
  • Write today’s number word (I don’t always require her to do this, but added it for days when she’s on days 1-10)

prektotcalendarpromo

I made a printable for each weekday, Monday through Friday, with traceable days on it for preschoolers. On this page she’ll trace the weekday, find today’s number and color in the circle. Trace the number (I write this in with pencil for her to trace), and then write the number word for the day. Right now I only have her do this when we’re on days one-ten.

IMG_7460web

IMG_7448web

I think her favorite activity is finding the temperature. (We have a simple thermometer right outside our front door that she checks.) Then she comes in and colors a weather appropriate outfit on her paper doll.

IMG_7461web

It also covers:

• What time is it?
  • What temperature is it?
  • What would I wear for this temperature?
  • I can write my name (monthly name writing practice)

IMG_7449web

Each month Teeny Tot will trace the month name, then write in one number per day to fill in the calendar for each month. She’ll also color in a box for the weather. I only went to 25 on this because I figure most of us only do about 20 days per month, so I gave a few more just for you hard core homeschoolers out there! NOTE: Since she’s not ready to write the numbers on her own, I wrote them in dashed font for her to trace.

monthpromo

She’ll also color in one box for each day we’re in school until we get to 100! Uhem…She apparently misunderstood when I said color in ONE square…so I’ll be  re-printing and we’ll try this one again!

IMG_7471web

I also added numbers, shapes, and letters to her pack. To help make them easier to find, I put in colored divider tabs so she can flip to the correct spot.

IMG_7472web

For the numbers I put lightly colored dots on each one, I plan to have her put a sticker for each dot on the numbers, then trace the number word. But you can also have them color the shape, or glue the correct amount of objects to it as well.

totnotebook2

–> Download the Preschool Daily Learning Notebook <–

Psst…stick around tomorrow for the elementary level daily learning notebook!

MAC USERS:  MAC users are saying that they get black lines across the file. If you install Adobe Reader, then open the file with that I think that takes care of the issue. Apparently Safari tries to open the file in preview or something instead of full view.  Hope that helps!

Here are some other daily learning notebooks that inspired me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. MommyBrainTLC says:

That is so cute! I’m going to download that for my little Tinker Bell (she’s a teeny tot too). Thank you so much for sharing this! Now she will have something else to learn and work on while I work with her big brothers! :0)

2. Wow!!! This is amazing and such perfect timing for me!! I was just going to sit down and dedicate some time to creating her “work notebook” and I see your fb post. I am so thankful for this and all the time it took and your willingness to share. I have a question, I downloaded the pages and on almost all the pages some of the type comes out as a graduated line of black. For instance, on the September calendar (pg 13) instead of the days of the week being displayed there is a big think line that starts white on the left and moves to black as it goes to the right. Is there a way to fix this?? I have no idea if it is my computer or not, I actually downloaded it twice and it did the same thing both times. Thanks again so much for everything!! :)

• I had this same problem and tried both in Safari and Firefox. Any ideas?

• I had the same problem! I really want to print these off. They are perfect!

• If the file won’t open in your browser, instead of clicking to open it in a browser window, try to “RIGHT” click on the download link, then select “SAVE LINK AS”. You will then be prompted to save the file to your computer. Then you should be able to open it and print as needed.

3. Hi again, I was downloading while in Firefox. I switched to Safari and it downloaded PERFECTLY. Thank you so much again. :)

• Okay, weird, not sure why it’s doing that. If you have troubles try to RIGHT click on the download link and select “SAVE LINK AS” then you will be prompted to save it to your computer. Then try to open and see if that helps.

• I tried to “SAVE LINK AS”, but unfortunately it didn’t work. The graduated line is still there instead of the text. :(
        Great lesson plans! I have fallen in love with them just this year and started using them with my 3-year-olds. So far they LOVE it and ask to do “school time” every day. How old is your little one? I assume with the repetition week after week, she gets better with time? Some of my little ones struggle in areas, but I hope repetition will help with that.
        Thanks for putting in the work to prepare all of the curriculum!

• If you go to options on your computer and click on “allow all of page” it should work. I had the same problem also until I released the restriction. Hope that helps :)

• I’m having the same issues and also have a Mac. I’ve tried Safari and Firefox–both with the same result. Maybe it’s the font that is used?? I hope we can figure it out, because I LOVE this set, and I can’t wait to get started on it with my preschooler!! :)

• I have the same problem and I don’t have a Mac.

• Yes, I think it is a font thing. My husband’s mac downloaded it fine, but mine won’t. Even after I did all the apple updates, restarted and tried again – it still doesn’t work. I’ll be printing from his computer tonight. Good luck!

• If you can’t get it to work, email me at erica at confessionsofahomeschooler.com

• Hi Erica!
          I love this notebook and so want to use it! I have a Mac two (my husband just switched us from PC and I am still trying to get my bearings with this new thing!) Did you find out what is wrong? I’ve tried fixing all the settings that I can think of and nothing has worked so far….. I REALLY want to use this. Any help would be great! We have Safari for our web browser and all our documents are opened automatically with Adobe. Thanks for helping! I love your blog! :)

• is safari a free download?

4. Thank you so much!!! This will be great for my little guy! :)

5. Camille Kelsch says:

WOW, I’ve been sitting here all night trying to find the perfect calendar notebooks to use with my kids and then I got your email with these wonderful downloads for my 4 and 5 yr olds and the link to ■Homeschool Creations Calendar Notebook to use for the older ones. I’m sitting here crying thanking God for helping me out. He never ceases to amaze me! Thank you sooooo much, you are truly an angel!!!

6. Thank you soooooo much for continually sharing all these helpful materials. Really great help for us! God bless your heart :)

7. Thank you very much!

8. American Sarta says:

This is perfect! I love how it contains everything! Great Job, thanks for sharing!

American Sarta-Huge fan, follows you from Italy!

9. this is perfect!!! thank you!

10. Love your preschool notebook……hope to print it soon!
    The first thought I had is……Does she know about PROCLICK?
    PROCLICK is the most wonderful invention….and I get my JOLLIES
    out of using it! It’s a binding system where it lays flat, and you can
    open spines at any time. I am so using PROCLICK when I print this!
    Check it out…..You will love it and find many uses for it!

11. This is just wonderful! So fun! I want to start as soon as I can get printed! I just have a question. Do you put them in a plastic file, she writes on them and you wipe it down every week? And then use the same pages again? You are great!

12. Thank you so much! This is my first year homeschooling and my family of five have all been sick and it just really turned things upside down and I got discouraged with my teaching. God answered my prayer this morning. Thank you so much for the post. I cannot wait to begin using this!

13. Thank you so much for this package. It’s exactly what I needed for our morning routine. I’ve been eyeing these on some blogs too, but I just didn’t have the time to put something together. Thanks so much for sharing!

14. Thank you so much for this! We have seen similar ideas and have been trying to implement one of our own. This will really help bring the idea together! :o) Thank you for making beginning homeschooling easier!

15. This is great! I have been looking around to try to find things for my daughter as I wanted to introduce her to a “calendar book” but still leave some things for her to do next year in Kindergarten (make the date, etc). This is perfect! Thanks again!

16. Michelle Harrison says:

You are amazing!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! One of the best things to ever happen to my homeschool life was stumbling across your blog.

17. this is just what I needed to round out our days with the teeny tot and 5 year old. Even going to use it for K5 because I wasn’t very loyal in getting it all together for her last year, so she’s still got some learning to do on time/weather/etc! THanks

18. I love this!!!! Wish I had it last year for pre-K. We are doing portions of it for kindergarten :)

19. Thank you soooo much! We’ve been using different pages from different sources and it just wasn’t working out quite right. I really like the calendar that includes the traceable number because my 4yo is not writing yet. You thought of everything!! Thank you again!

20. You answered my prayer… was needing something just like this. Thank you so much!!!!

21. I could hug you right now- This is awesome! Your whole blog is awesome!!!!! I tell my other homeschool friends all the time about your site. Thank You So Much for all you do!!!

22. Oh, thank you thank you thank you! I have had a migraine for over a week and got WAY BEHIND in starting school for the kids. I was trying to redo their calendar notebooks for better tracing, etc and found the fonts I had made the 4s and 9s wrong. AHHH! This was a lifesaver! THANKS!

23. Thank you so much! I had the same question as someone else. Are there certain pages that you put in a plastic sleeve and have her use a certain marker that you can wipe off each day and reuse the pages? Any guidance would be great as I don’t want to keep printing when it isn’t necessary. This book, as well as your other worksheets, is wonderful!

24. I’ve had this idea in my head for quite some time but, because I’m not an experienced homeschooler and because, well, frankly, I thought it would be easier if someone else came up with the printables, I kept putting it off…. Thank you, thank you, thank you for creating this and sharing it!

25. Thank you for once again getting it spot on! These are perfect, not only for the tiniest of students (mine just turned 2 a few days ago), but also for my “learning struggling” daughters. I so appreciate your work.

26. Super fun! My preschooler will really enjoy this when I print it off. Thanks!

27. Thank you so much for this great download! This is exactly what we needed! We started your Letter of the Week curriculum on Monday and I was trying to make something like this to go with calendar time. Needless to say, your version is WAY better than anything I could come up with! Thank you again! Love your site – you inspire me!

28. I feel the same as everyone else! I am estatic about this notebook. I have been praying for something that would fit our family’s needs and this is it! Bless you!

29. Hello Erica,
    thank you for always sharing, it is truly a Godsend. Ijust have one question, anyone please feel free to answer. How would you appraoch doing the weather graph? would you check on the weather 3 times a day? any help would be appreciated. thanks

30. Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents. It’s so encouraging to see how organized and simple teaching our children can be. Thank you and keep on sharing. God bless you!

31. I’ve been using page protectors and washable markers with my son’s worksheets, but seeing one of your picture in your blog today made me wonder if you use dry erase markers. What do you use on the page protectors? Are the dry erase markers washable? The washable markers I use are kind of messy because they don’t dry very well.

• I see from a previous post that you do use dry erase markers … so are they washable??

• Hi Amanda,
      No I don’t like the washable ones, I WANT to like them, but the truth is they don’t erase well at all, and they don’t write very well either. So we just use regular ole’ Expo Dry-Erase. Jolanthe from Homeschool Creations suggests Vis-a-vis markers because they stay on better she said.

32. Really clever idea for little ones. Gets them in the groove of learning and accomplishing a bit of ‘school’ work.

33. Thanks! I’ve been using something similar but it’s better geared to my 1st grader. This one will be better for my 4 year old. I especially like the idea of having the letters, numbers and shapes also in the binder.

34. How detailed! Thank you so much!

35. You are amazing and make a new homeschool mom like myself feel just a little bit better about trying to tackle pre-k!

36. Thank you so much! I love this. We started homeschool-preschool a couple of weeks ago, and I was trying to think of a consistent way to teach them calendar activities. I’m so excited!!

37. Do you put every page under a page protector? Just trying to figure out what I should allow my 4 year old write on and what should be under a page protector? What would you suggest?

Thanks for putting this together :)

38. Thank you so much for these pages. I love how the calendar and weather are on the same page. And the days of the week/number of the month are together. I also really like the temperature/clothes page. I am going to start using them soon. Thanks again!

• Just an update! We have been using these pages for the last 2 weeks and I love them! My Kindergartener can write the time on the clock and with numbers, color in the thermometer and clothes. She does the calendar pages too! She’s learning to write her numbers facing the right direction and by daily practice using your Pre-school pages she is showing great inmprovement! Thanks again :)

39. I LOVE these pages!!! I combined several pages from some of the sites you listed above and made some very simplistic ones of my own. BUT, I am going to re-evaluate and will most likely pull some of these pages in to the mix! Thank you!

40. These look great! My 3 year old loves her 1+1+1=1 learning notebook but this will be a fun change and more challenging for her. Thanks!

41. This is exactly what I needed for my little man! I can’t wait for the elementary on tommorrow! Thanks again!!

42. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing!

43. Today we’re one week into our kindergarten homseschool with my oldest, and it was so frustrating, so disappointing, and I was the one who actually started crying because as much as I wanted to homeschooi I was beginning to believe that I was simply ill-equipped for the job. In defeat he went to nap and I escaped to my email where I found this post waiting for me, with your amazing preschool packet featured. I wanted to say it’s an answered prayer. It’s what we need to keep our head in the game, keep it fun, and build his confidence (not to mention mine). Your blog is a blessing, and the work you do here is a bright light. Thank you for the free packet that spoke God’s encouragement into me today.

44. Wow….these are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing!

45. Erica, this is beyond helpful, thank you! I wanted to try and help out those who are having printing problems out there who are MAC users. If you’re seeing that gray-scale type of print when printing from the website or in Preview, it won’t work. You have to save the file as a pdf onto your computer, like you suggested, and reopen the file in Adobe Reader. Thankfully, Apple offers the newest version of Adobe Reader for free. Here’s the link:

Once the file is open in Adobe Reader there shouldn’t be any problems with printing out both of your Daily Learning Notebooks. Carissa (from 1+1+1=1) did a blog post about problems people were having. You can find that post here:

Hope this helps others and thank you again!

46. Thank you Erika, I already saved/downloaded it…these are WOW…thank you so much..GOD bless you and your family..

47. Thank you for these printables. I was wondering if you could continue the number pages all of the way to 31 instead of stopping at 20. I want my little guy to use them for writing the calendar date and that way he’d have one for every possible date. Thanks for considering. If you do make the additions, could you send me an email and let me know? KT

48. Thank you so much! You are beyond generous to let your users download your creations for free no less!

49. thank you so much! this will be great getting my son ready for K :) thank you, thank you, thank you.

50. I am a prescool teacher was looking for ideas for a work book and came acrosse this love it thank you

51. I LOVE your notebook! I was getting on the computer to make my own notebook for kindergarten and preschool when I saw this one pinned. It saved me SO much time! I only have one suggestion: number sense and place value may be easier to teach if your dots on the numbers reflected their true value. For example, the 1 in seventeen should have 10 dots while the 7 has 7 dots. Just an idea- I know 10 dots is a LOT to fit into a 1 :)

Thanks again!

52. Stefanie Mason says:

I normally have my daughter do most of these exercises on our calendar wall in our school room, but we’ll be spending 6-weeks at Grandma’s house starting next month. I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to make our calendar wall activities portable, but this completely solves that problem. Thank you so much!

53. Kristin Peters says:

Hi Erica,
    What markers do you use? I recently bought some thin expo dry erase markers but I have noticed that all but the black are really hard to wipe off the laminated sheets.

54. Thank you so much for sharing this! My teeny tot used it for the first time today and loved it. Your ideas are always so creative and fun. The Lord has truly blessed you with a wonderful gift. Thank you for sharing that gift with all of us! Blessings! Kristine.

55. I am so hiding this one away for when my Noah is older! Thankyou!

56. Hi! Thank you so much for these valuable resources! But I cannot print this specific one. Has anyone else experienced this? If you have any help for me, please do!

57. Hello how old do you recommend the child be to start doing this pre-k pack?

58. I haven’t looked through all of the comments, so I apologize if I’m asking the same question as someone else. My oldest is almost 4 and she has 2 younger sibs. I plan on printing once and reusing what I can with the younger sibs. I noticed that the calendar trace activity was for the 2012 calendar and my younger kids wouldn’t be doing it this year. Is there a way that I can change those numbers to fall on the correct day for the year they will be doing it? Does my question make sense? This is amazing by the way! My almost 4 year old is really confused right now about days, months, years etc and I was seeking out a calendar time activity for her. This is absolutely perfect! What a blessing you are for sharing your talent with others!!

59. Your curriculum is so awesome! My son is not yet in preschool, but I think he would have a lot of fun practising in these notebooks. What a great inspiration you are! Thank you! :) ~ Amanda (PS: Left a comment on your 2013 calendars page that I could not get them to down load. I finally got it to work. My browser was being silly. :)

60. I’m trying to download this for my daughter & when I click on the download link, it tells me the page cannot be found. Do you have any ideas on how I can get this to work. This is my 1st year homeschooling our 4 year old (just getting in the practice for both if us) & think this notebook would be great for her,

61. Hi there! Very excited about getting my 4 year old started on this! quick question….how often do you teach a new letter and number? weekly? monthly? or just as she grasps the concept? ;) And do you do the number or letter at the beginning of introducing it to them or at a random time in the process?

so many questions, might have overlooked them in the blog post!
    Thanks for your help!
    -L

62. Thank you soooooooo much for these daily sheets! I have been searching for something like this. I am homeschooling my kindergartener, so it will be easy to make the changes needed for her level. Again, I can not thank you enough for sharing this with others like me. You are wonderful!

Krista

63. YOU are a LIFE SAVER! We are having a bit of a tough time with this economy and don’t have the luxury of extra to send my little girl to preschool as we did for my son…. So I have been elected teacher since I work nights… This program is INVALUABLE and I TRULY appreciate it. Thank you.

64. Thank you so much! Printed them out last night and started using them this morning. Thank you for sharing!

65. Really…..THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for, so much better than any of the paid products out there. This is awesome, you are awesome. Thank You So Much!!!! I am a new follower from now on!!!!

66. Are you going to be remaking this for the coming year so the calendar dates match up? Also could you make the thermometer go a lot hotter, say 120F, when/if you remake it.

67. mai tamayo says:

wow. I can’t believe this is free! I’m going to share your link with the other homeschooling moms i know! Off to FB!

68. This is AMAZING! I have never seen something like this workbook, Im so happy to have found your website with all this wonderful worksheets so I can us with my children. Thank you so much! May God bless you and give you the favor, grace, knowledge for you to proceed doing wonderful things like this one.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU !! THANK YOU!!!

for your giving sharing heart.

69. Maria Hagerdon says:

Unable to pull up the preschool/elementary calendar notebook. Any suggestions? We do have adobe flash player.

• Me too. I get an adobe error saying the document is corrupt and cannot be repaired. Any tips?

• I got that message too. But when I clicked back in with my browser button and then clicked on the link again.. It opened. It happened to me twice. Hope this works for you!

70. Lyza Daubert says:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this resource. I can’t tell you how excited I am to have this fall in my lap. I’m a complete beginner, looking for activities for my 3 year old. Soooooo excited to get started. The work you’ve done is beautiful!!!!!

71. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your hard work. It is so appreciated!!!

72. I love this for our morning circle time! I just printed everything up and realized that the calendars are for 2012-13 school year,is there any way to edit it to shift the dotted numbers to the correct day of the week?? Thanks so much!

• Hi Erica,
      I really enjoy using your daily notebook for all of my learners…. but I the traceable dates on this are not for 2013-14. Is it possible to get an updated version?
      Thanks!

• I was hoping so too! As a first year homeschooler, your site has be a blessing! For now, I’ll print out a few months of the blank pages from the elementary pack and dot my own numbers….Thanks so much for all your help!

• I just realized this morning when my kids started filling theirs out for our first day that I had printed them out & they are not the current year…LOVE these worksheets, though!

73. I love this resource and am so glad someone sent me the link! It makes homeschooling so simple and easy. Thanks you for making it available.
    I looked through and noticed pages 15 on (the monthly calendars with the weather chart) are all set up for a previous year, you wouldn’t happen to have it edited for the 2013-2014 year, would you?

74. This is exactly what I have been looking for!!!! ( hands in the air excited) Thank you for posting this. I was curious if I took this on a jump drive to kinkos would they print it? Because you do have a copywrite on it?

75. This is a great resource and I can’t wait to use it in my preschool classroom! Your blog is great and the kids love the centers! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and offering so many freebies!

76. I love this idea!! Do you have one updated for 2014? If not, is there an editable file? Thank you!

77. Just ran across your blog while looking for lesson plan ideas! I’m a 4th year Education Major from South Louisiana; and already feeling overwhelmed with the changes being made to the Education System today. I just wanted to say you are doing a wonderful job with your gorgeous babies, and the fact that you get up every day and give them 100% so they can have a quality education is admirable. Keep up what you are doing and keep showing them that all things are possible with Christ who strengthens us! Although I will not be using anything directly from your blog, I wanted to let you know that if I use any of your ideas I will be citing you in my references for your intellectual property. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us! ;)

78. This is so cute! Thank you for sharing! I found this through My Joy-filled Life. =)

79. Thank you so much for these! Do you havoe any suggestions to help kids fill in the correct column on the weather charts?