recently

MAY
2015

Preschool Daily Learning Notebook 2015-2016

Good morning everyone! I’ve had so many requests for this, and here it is! The 2015-2016 Preschool Daily Learning Notebook!

dailynotebookpromo_prek

This one of course has the updated traceable calendars for August 2015 – July 2016, as well as all of the other goodies! And it has a fun new cover too!

–> Download the 2015-2016 Preschool Daily Learning Notebook <–

New!

For my Southern Hemisphere friends, I’ve also included non-seasonal calendar pages for you since I know your seasons are opposite of mine! You can download the Southern Hemisphere version here:

–> Download the 2015-2016 Preschool Southern Hemisphere Daily Learning Notebook <–

The Preschool Daily Learning Notebook includes:

• What day is it?
  • Find today’s number
  • Write today’s number
  • Write today’s number word (I don’t always require her to write the number word, but usually add it for days 1-10)

I made a printable for each weekday, Monday through Friday, with traceable days on it for preschoolers. On this page your preschooler will trace the weekday, find today’s number and color in the circle. Trace the number (I write this in with pencil for her to trace), and then write the number word for the day. Right now I only have her do this when we’re on days one-ten.

IMG_7460web

I think her favorite activity is finding the temperature. (We have a simple thermometer right outside our front door that we check.) Then we come in and color the correct temperature and an appropriate outfit on the paper doll.

IMG_7461web

It also covers:

• What time is it?
  • What temperature is it?
  • What would I wear for this temperature?
  • I can write my name (monthly name writing practice)

IMG_7449web

Each month they will trace the month name, then trace in one number per day to fill in the calendar for each month. They’ll also color in a box for the weather. This is great for counting skills, number recognition, and handwriting practice!

I also added numbers, shapes, and letters to this pack. To help make them easier to find, I put in colored divider tabs so we can flip to the correct spot.

IMG_7472web

Numbers, Letters, and Shapes

For the numbers I put lightly colored dots on each one, I plan to have her put a sticker for each dot on the numbers, then trace the number word. But you can also have them color the shape, or glue the correct amount of objects to it as well.

totnotebook2

–> Download the 2015-2016 Preschool Daily Learning Notebook <–

Ready for more of a challenge? Check out my other Daily Learning Notebooks below!

MAC USERS: You will need to Install Adobe Reader, then set it as your default program to open PDF files. This will resolve any weird viewing issues you may have with PDF files. Safari tries to open the file in preview instead of full view which causes issues viewing and printing files. Hope that helps!

Comments

1. Lacinda says:

Thank you, Erica! I’m printing mine right now 🙂

2. Mindi Arnesen says:

Just what I was waiting for! Thank you!

3. Elizabeth says:

August is just showing 29 days not 31 on mine. Didn’t know if it was my computer or just an oversight. Thanks!

4. Courtney says:

Is the 2015-2016 KINDERGARTEN Learning Book available – or is it coming soon ? 🙂

Thank you so much ! Love your work 🙂

• The kindergarten book doesn’t have dates to trace, so there’s no need for a 2015-16 version 🙂

5. Sara Alexander says:

Hi – would you please email me at saraphim76@yahoo.com? I can’t email you directly from either here or the store. I try but the system times out. I bought a planner and a literature guide about 6 weeks ago but either didn’t download it or accidentally deleted my download. I haven’t printed anything but I now see there’s a time limit and that my purchases aren’t available anymore. I’m hoping you’ll enable my purchases again so that I can download and use! Thanks, Sara Alexander

6. What age do you use it for? My son will be 3 when we start school in the fall and I was thinking I would probably wait till his 4K year to use it.

7. Thank you! I’m so excited for this. I’m going to start mine son on this soon. We definitely need to work on his tracing and writing skills and I can see this helping tremendously. We’re still working through your LOTW too and he loves it.

8. Crystal says:

Thank you! Love these! Both my girls have used them this past year. Was wondering, would it be possible to get an updated Cover Page that doesn’t say Pre-K on it? I know my 2nd Grader would love to match her sister, but she may not like Pre-K on the front of her binder. 🙂 I know you are busy, so no worries if it is not possible.
    Thank you for all your resources and info, I am so grateful I found this blog!

• Hi Crystal,
      I updated the covers for all of the notebooks. And if you want one that doesn’t say prek, you can download and print the kindergarten or elementary one. The elementary one doesn’t say anything on it as far as grade level.

• Crystal says:

Thank you for making all these amazing resources available to us! I am not creative at all, so very grateful for the Moms who share their God Given Gifts!

9. I printed the Pre-K one before I realized that the Kindergarten one was available! Duh on my part lol. So I just reprinted the first page & the 21-100 number pages & will add them to the ones I already have! Thanks again for doing this I so appreciate it.

Robin

10. Jessica says:

Hey, I am new to homeschooling and i am trying to learn as much as I can to start homeschooling my 4 year old in August. I was wondering what is the difference between the daily learning notebooks and the full curriculum that you can buy for $30 for download. I want to purchase the curriculum but I wanted to know if need to download the daily learning or was it included. Thanks

11. This is so neat! Thank you for posting!!

12. Hello, I know I have seen this somewhere already on your site but I cant seem to find it. Do you have the printable for the spine and back of the binder? Thanks 🙂

• Hi Sondra,
      There isn’t one for the spine, but we just used the first page of the download as the cover and slid it into a binder with the clear cover on it so you can put in your own cover pages.

13. Stephanie says:

This calendar book will be a blessing to me and my students. Thank you so much for making this resource available to us. This will be my first time using a calendar book and I am so excited that this in an interactive notebook. I am looking forward to using it. Thanks a million!

14. Just want to thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is very appreciated.

15. Thank you!

16. I bought the letter of the week for my first child and now need it for my second child. So glad that you updated the daily notebook. I am having problems printing it online. The bottom is cut off. Could you email it to me. Thanks

17. You are so AWESOME! Thanks for all you do!!!
    Anna

18. Monique Baldea says:

Thank you so much! Your website and blog are so useful. I am printing off mine right now and can’t wait to dive in with my son.

19. Hello! I am a first time homeschooling mother of one, who is just five years old this month. He did two years of pre-k in public school. My husband and I very recently decided on homeschooling and I have to say.. I have no idea where to start, and time is of the essence! I plan to buy your homeschooling 101 book and I have been doing intensive research on your website today. Any advice about anything, honestly, would be so very helpful!

Thank you so much!

20. Can I just say I am so happy I found you on here!! My daughter will be 3 in late November but I wanted her to be in some sort of fun schedule to learn and I just downloaded your curriculum and love it! Obviously she wont know how to do everything but getting her familiar with things will sure help 🙂 thank you so much for providing this! I am not that great at organizing things and you have everything laid out and ready to use! just WOW!!! thank you thank you thank you!!! 🙂 Not sure how I will include the letter a week but maybe I might just casually do things with a letter each week 🙂 thanks!!

21. Good afternoon!!! We will begin our homeschooling next week and I feel totally unequipped and in the dark. Lol! Then, I stumbled across your website and am sooooo thankful for this blessing!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for creating and sharing this with others. You are such a blessing! I downloaded the Daily Notebook pages and am ready to create our binder. However, the headings on each page, such as “100 Days of School”, etc, did not print. It just printed a black box where each heading was supposed to be. Did I do something wrong or perhaps printed from the wrong section?

• Hi Jessica, Are you on a MAC by chance? MACs open PDFs using Safari by default and so they open in preview mode which causes issues when printing and viewing the file. The solution is to download Adobe Reader, and set it as your default program to open PDF files. Then you should be able to view and print the files.
      Here is a tutorial on setting adobe reader as your PDF default program:

22. How do you utilize the letter, number, and shape pages? Do you do one or more a day?

23. Is the preschool daily learning notebook available with all caps for the calendar months? I printed off the days of the week pages from a previous year (all caps), but would love for the calendar months to be available in all caps as well for my younger student. Thank you for your help!

24. I would really love more information on what order to put this together in?

25. once again you are my primary source for worksheets and teaching ideas for my kids. We don’t have much in the way of home schooling here in the southern hemisphere esp when you take into account the preschool age of kids. some things I would love to have incorporated in the southern hemisphere versions: the months from January to December as this is how we do our school years here (eg, Jan 2015 to Dec 2015); animals native to our country (eg koalas, kangaroos, possums) and maybe some bush ballards or poems that we often still sing and teach in primary school and preschool. im going about making my own or searching for some already made to insert into the pack for my kids. but I cant fault you for anything thing else, your work is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Oh thank you!! Thank you times a million!!!! I have never commented on any homeschooI page before but I wanted to let you know that I am new to your site and clicked to download it and thought I was going to get a few sample pages or something and when I realized it was a complete copy I had to stop myself from tearing up from joy! Thank you for being so kind-hearted and blessing us all with the free availability to teach our youngsters!! May God bless you! 🙂

27. Hi erica,

I was wondering if the only difference between the k4 and the preschool is the traceable calendar?

28. Thanks for taking the time to make this wonderful guide

29. I love this! Could you create an version that can be edited?
    I would love to take this an change it over the years.
    Fabulous to help students with handwriting.

30. Will you be making an updated version or one that can be edited?

• I update the preschool daily notebook each year to reflect the new calendar year. 2016-17 will be coming out this summer usually around May since the current one goes through July 🙂

31. Thank you, hon, for sharing this gift with us!!

32. Thank you just what I was looking for

33. Oh my word, what a wonderful resource! My #2 will be four this year and I’ve just begun building – from scratch! – something very similar to this awesome book for his school year. You know what?? YOUR IS BETTER!!! 🙂 Thanks for your investment of time and talent. I’ll be eagerly looking forward to the 2016-17 version. Blessings and Happy Easter!

34. Morgan Hill says:

Hey Erica,

These are awesome! Just wondering if you will have the 2016 -2017 notebook this year?