First Grade Sight Word Sentences

Greetings readers! As promised, I have some more sight word sentence printables for you! Today I am sharing  First Grade Sight Word Sentence worksheets.

Each one has the word along with a funny sentence. Students will practice tracing the word, reading the word, then writing it on their own.

sightwordsentencepromo1

Students will also cut out the letters and spell the word correctly to complete their sentence, great for fine-motor skills and spelling practice! Next they will write the word to complete the sentence.

sightwordsentencepromo1st

Finally they will make up their own sentence using their newly learned sight word! The repetition along with the variety of activities really helps students remember their sight words!

This download includes 41 First grade level sight words from the Dolch sight word list.

–> Download the First Grade Sight Word Sentences ! <–

More Sight Word fun!

• Colleen December 11, 2012 at 12:19 am

Thank you! These worksheets are wonderful! Can’t wait to use them with my kids. 🙂

• Susan December 11, 2012 at 6:49 am

Thank you for sharing these!

What program did you use to create the worksheets? I would love to make some.

• Tami December 11, 2012 at 7:00 am

Thanks so much!

• Breanne December 11, 2012 at 7:39 am

I love these! Really a great idea and so well layed out! Can’t wait to use them with my first grader! Thank you!

• Heidi December 11, 2012 at 8:16 am

Your designs are so cute! I wish you would have been around when my kids were little.

• Cameron December 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Are there sets where the caterpillar and the worksheets match up? So far I haven’t noticed that but it would be awesome if I could use them hand in hand. Thanks again for all you do 🙂

• erica December 16, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Hi,
      Yes, the caterpillars and worksheets are the same. The pre-primer level and Kindergarten 1 are the same, then primer and Kindergarten 2 match, then first and first.

• K December 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Hi, sorry to be the one to point this out but there are two typos on the sheets.
    For the word ‘from’ and ‘take’ the tracing words are different!
    Thought you’d like to know.
    Blessings K

• Litonya January 30, 2013 at 7:14 am

Thank you for the sight word worksheets they are wonderful. I teach Kindergarten and my students love them. I wanted to know have your done any more sight worksheets like Fry’s 100 sight words or how can you edit/create your own.

• Lavinia Pop February 4, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Hello 🙂 I stumbled across these through Pinterest and I just wanted to comment on the amazing job you have done! Superb! I also wanted to give you a tip (I hope you don’t mind 🙂 ) because I noticed your letters don’t reach the top of the writing lines… try using the Stick and Ball font! It’s very similar to the ABC Print you are currently using, but they do go up to where they are supposed to and scoop down as well… 🙂
    Kind regards,
    Lavinia

• Jessica April 16, 2013 at 11:46 am

Thank you so much for these great worksheets. I’ve been homeschooling my 11yr old son, who is living with Autism, for about 7 months now, and on days that I’m just so wiped out and exhausted these worksheets are fantastic exercises for him. Really wonderful work, Thanks!

1 2 3 4