Hi everyone! I wanted to share something fun with you all today. Many of you voted for me in this year’s HSBA Post Homeschool Blog wards, and thanks to you all I won for Best Blog Design! I also won a set of Art Class DVD’s from See The Light and we’ve had such fun with them I wanted to give one to you all to try out!
These videos are especially great for those of you who aren’t great at teaching art class because, well, you don’t have to! A very nice woman named Pat teaches them for you!
Each lesson is approximately 15 minutes long and includes suggestions for extra activities. They also include Biblical truth into each lesson so at the end of the subject you are covering Pat refers you back to the Bible to see what God says about it!
Supplies are fairly basic, typically you just need a piece of copy paper, a #2 pencil, and a good eraser. Some lessons ask for a charcoal pencil and a few other basic supplies but nothing out of the ordinary.
The lessons are quick enough that kids stay engaged.
Pat goes nice and slow in the videos, she explains what she’s doing, and how your students can do it as well, then she gives them a chance to draw on their own paper.
I let everyone do this activity, even the Teeny Tot drew her own pictures.
I was even more pleased when after the lesson was over, both Turbo and Strawberry Shortcake took it upon themselves to do some extra credit art work! The parrot was from the Art Class 2 DVD.
What did we think?
We are enjoying the lessons, the first few on Art Class 1 DVD were slow and my kids kept wanting to fast forward, but I tried to encourage them that they needed to learn basics before they could move on to more detailed lessons.
Once we got past the first few, they are enjoying them. Since they’re shorter, they’ll typically do more than one lesson in a sitting just because they like it and want to keep going. I think that’s a good thing!
What’s the cost?
DVD’s are approximately $14.99 each, and they also offer package deals as well.
Want more information?
- Visit See The Light website
- See The Light Free Lessons: This is a great opportunity to see a few free classes before you purchase!
- See The Light Blog: I HIGHLY recommend taking a look at their blog! Pat puts up wonderful ideas and tips for teaching art!
I’m giving away one FREE ART CLASS #1 DVD to one of you! It contains 4 lessons plus a bonus chalk lesson.
- Simply leave a comment below letting me know why you’d like to win!
Additional Optional Entries: (not required to win, come back here and leave a separate comment on this post for each additional entry.)
- Like See The Light on Facebook
- Follow See The Light on Twitter
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Enter to win @SeeTheLightArt DVD from @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 7/6/12! /?p=7141
Nitty Gritty Giveaway Details:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday July 6, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday July 8, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US and Canada residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form. (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: See The Light provided me with a complimentary copy of this game to review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.