So you’ve finally decided to homeschool…but have no clue where to get started? After thousands of emails asking for help getting started homeschooling, I thought a book that set it all out for you in a step-by-step format would a great benefit to new and current homeschoolers!
Homeschooling 101 is a step by step practical guide that will help you to get started, and continue on in your homeschooling journey. It is designed to help guide you through all of the steps to getting started, choosing and gathering curriculum, creating effective lesson plans, scheduling your day, organizing your home, staying the course and more! It even includes helpful homeschooling forms!
Just the mere thought of homeschooling can be a very daunting task. Delving into the unknown can also create an element of self-doubt that fills your mind right off the bat. That coupled with an overwhelming task of choosing and gathering curriculum, creating lesson plans, organizing supplies, and teaching multiple grade levels can be quite disheartening.
But don’t worry, in this book it is my intention to offer you a step by step practical guide that will help you to get started and continue on in your homeschooling journey. I will help guide you through all of the steps to getting started, choosing and gathering curriculum, creating effective lesson plans, scheduling your day, organizing your home, staying the course, and more!
As you may have heard already, there is no one right way to homeschool. This book is by no means a rigid set of rules that must be followed exactly. Instead it is a tool to provide you with the means to get started in your journey. Take from it what makes sense for your family, and alter that which needs to be changed to fit the unique needs of your homeschool.
I thought a quick glimpse at the table of contents would help give you an idea of all the valuable goodies included in this book.
- Chapter 1: You’ve Decided to Homeschool… Now What?
- Chapter 2: Choosing Curriculum
- Chapter 3: Gathering Curriculum
- Chapter 4: Homeschool Convention Tips
- Chapter 5: Creating Effective Lesson Plans
- Chapter 6: Getting Organized
- Chapter 7; Starting School – Day 1
- Chapter 8: Homeschooling Multiple Grades
- Chapter 9: Homeschooling & Discipline
- Chapter 10: Standardized Testing
- Chapter 11: Homeschooling with Toddlers
- Chapter 12: Homeschooling Your Preschooler
- Chapter 13: Homeschooling Kindergarten & Elementary
- Chapter 14: Homeschooling Jr. & High School
- Chapter 15: Homeschooling on a Budget
- Chapter 16: Starting Homeschool Midyear
- Chapter 17: Switching Curriculum Midyear
- Chapter 18: Homeschooling an Only Child
- Chapter 19: Homeschooling & the Working Parent
- Chapter 20: Homeschooling & Special Needs
- Chapter 21: What about Socialization?
- Chapter 22: Time Management & Keeping your Sanity
- Chapter 23: Homeschool Burnout
- Chapter 24: Staying the Course & Naysayers
- Appendix (Helpful Homeschool Forms, including a FREE Lesson Planner!)
- Resources & Links
Make no mistake, this is not a pamphlet full of fluff, instead it is full of helpful information, tools, and resources! I also did my best to include requests from my readers as well, so hopefully I covered most things related to homeschooling.
While I realize that all homeschools are different, new homeschooling families still need a tangible starting point. With over 100 pages of valuable information and tools, Homeschooling 101 will guide you through your homeschooling process!
There is also a free printable lesson planner in the Appendix for all of you who would like a little color added to your day!
And of course I added a TON of awesome homeschool planning forms to help you get organized!
You know I wouldn’t release something this big without giving away a free copy to one of you! Fill out the rafflecopter below to enter to win!
UPDATED: This giveaway is now CLOSED.
Buy it now, then make sure to enter to win, and I’ll refund your purchase!
If you purchase from my store, you will receive a PDF downloadable version of this book.
Get your copy today!