Hi everyone! As most of you know, we’ve moved our school room to the basement, and so today I’m sharing our updated homeschool room tour with you!
I want to start off by saying that you by no means need to have a dedicated “classroom” in order to homeschool. You can literally homeschool anywhere you have space, or wherever you prefer. We often pack up and head to the library to do school, sometimes we end up in the living room, and other times we head outside. It really depends on the day and our mood!
That said, I do have a setup school area that we use the majority of the time. It works well for our family and we’re thankful to have this space! So I thought it would be fun to take a little tour and show you how we have it all set up now that we’ve moved!
Watch Our Updated Homeschool Tour 2016 here!
Click here for more details on our school desk setup. Ikea discontinued the table tops I purchased, but they replaced them with the Linnmon Table Tops, white. I think everything else is the same. Here are links to the desk pieces.
- 4 – Vika Alex Drawer units
- 2 – Vika Linnmon Table Tops (I purchased two 2.5′ x 5′ table tops and put them together for a 5×5 table)
- 2 x 4 Kallax shelf
- Micke Desk
- 4 Jules Jr. Swivel Chairs (Update: Swivel chairs are working well, they’ve gotten over the spinning, so it’s all good now.)
- Marius Stool
As promised, here are some links to the products mentioned in this video and a few other products we’ve used in our homeschool:
- Expandable Drawer Organizer
- Desktop Supply Carousel
- Mavalus Tape
- 8×8 Clear Project Cases
- Reading Bench Tutorial
- X-Acto Sharpener
- Pokémon Figures
- Food Erasers
- Reading Incentives Chart
- Geography Terms Poster
- Ikea School Desks
- 1-100 Number Chart
- Days of the Week
- Months of the Year
- Calendar Time
- Gingham Calendar Numbers
- USA Wall Poster (Sorry, I couldn’t find the exact one, but we like this one too.)
- World Wall Poster (Sorry, I couldn’t find the exact one)
- Manuscript Alphabet Bulletin Set
- Cursive Alphabet Bulletin Set
Click below to download:
For those of you wondering about our birdies, they’re still upstairs in the old location which has now become my sewing room! I was worried the basement might get cold, and so we kept them upstairs in the room their familiar with. So now I have tweety company while I sew