The Granny Star Tote is a beginner-friendly crochet tote bag that is perfect for using up your colorful scraps!
Finished Size The finished Size of the Tote is approx. 13” x 13” x 2” (Approx. size based on size 2 yarn + US E hook)
- Get the Granny Star Tote PDF Pattern here!
- Main Bag Color: 3 Skeins Lori Holt Chunky Thread in Cloud or 110g in sport 2 weight yarn
- 12 Skeins Lori Holt Chunky Thread in a variety of colors (96g Total or 4g ea. HST) (I used: Cloud, Peony, Cayenne, Honey, Cloud, Riley Aqua, Riley Green, Lipstick, Frosting, Pumpkin, Riley Grey, and Breezy)
- US E – 3.5mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Embroidery Scissors
- Optional: 1/2 yard fabric for lining + Cocoknits Medium Handle Kit
Piney Creek Yarn has put together a fun yarn kit using Coastal Cotton Fine! They also have the CocoKnits handle kits as well!
Watch the Granny Star Tote Bag Assembly Video here, and stay tuned next week to see how to line this bag and add straps!
More helpful Tutorials:
Since these squares are essentially half-square-triangles, there are a variety of layout options you can choose from as well! I love the star layout, but I thought it would be fun to show you a few other ideas too!