What’s in the Box Wednesday: Teeny Tot

What’s the Teeny Tiny Tot been up to these days? Workboxes of course!

Here’s her line up and some in action:

1. Her new Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Piggy Bank

IMG_6378

Numbers Puzzle

IMG_6544

2. Bead sorting. I found this tiny ice cube tray at Wal-mart and couldn’t resist getting it for school! It’s the perfect size for sorting little beads into:

IMG_6348

3. Felt Strawberries. We used chopsticks to transfer the strawberries to bowls.

IMG_6401

4. Dice to stack, roll, toss?

IMG_6082

5. Stacking Cups, to, um, stack?

IMG_6083

6. Leapfrog Fridge Phonics to drive Mommy crazy.

IMG_6084

7. Stickers and paper, this is one of her favorite boxes, she loves to put stickers on things.

IMG_6085

8. Pom-poms, bowls and measuring cups to scoop.

IMG_6396

Coloring book, I did tell her to ‘do it on your desk’, guess she’s a literal type person.

IMG_6357

Magnets, she loves to put the magnets all over the white board, too bad she doesn’t like to take them back off again!

IMG_6343

Biggie Beads by Fun Fusion and a Water Bottle. She loved to put the little beads in the bottle then shake them back out again!

IMG_6531

Our fun magnetic fish puzzle. I think I got this from Target in the educational toys section, she loves it!

IMG_6089

That’s what we’ve been up to this week, feel free to link up with your boxes!

• lauradodson September 29, 2010 at 5:47 am

every letter makes a sound…

• Corina September 29, 2010 at 7:59 am

Love the pic of her ON the desk….my boys like to work in wierd places like that!

• Ruthie September 29, 2010 at 9:23 am

I love the picture of her coloring on top of her desk – so cute! The piggy bank toy is on my little one's Christmas list, it looks like a fun one!

• Megan @ PolishTheStars.com September 29, 2010 at 9:54 am

My son has been loving your letter of the week curriculum! I just wanted to tell you that your blog is amazing and I am passing on an award to you! 🙂 http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/09/pinching-pennies-and-blog-awards.html

• Kelly @ In Everything September 29, 2010 at 6:26 pm

these are great ideas!! I'll have a teeny tot next year to keep busy with meaningful activities;) I"m saving this for future use;)

• Shelby September 29, 2010 at 6:59 pm

I chuckled at the leapfrog! and your first comments – every letter makes a sound….Now that our tot is 4, she starts her morning by using her fridge magnets, finds her day of the week on sentence strips, and copies with leapfrog and other fridge magnets to help keep her engaged.

• Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog September 30, 2010 at 4:47 am

ON the desk! Literal child. We went on an overnight field trip and I am still catching up today!

• Vanessa (Housewives Inc) September 30, 2010 at 11:37 am

I just linked through to your blog from Mama Jenns – and I must say: What a brilliant blog – I'm so glad I found it. I am now 'following' you and look forward to what you post (especially the Teeny Tot stuff as she looks pretty close in age to my Mini Moo!). Best wishes x

• Sandra J September 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

What great ideas. And I love the thought of using household items to teach. Also, that leap frog fridge phonics thing is great. My s-i-l uses it with my nephew who is autistic.

• Giggly Girls November 2, 2010 at 10:56 am

She's so cute up on that desk! The leapfrog farm set drives me crazy! LOL

1 2