iPad Eductional Apps for Preschoolers

So we’re totally loving our iPad 2 over here. We use it daily in our homeschool for one reason or another. Quite often it is to keep the Teeny Tot (3 years old) occupied, but we’ve also used it for the older kiddos as well.  I shared some of our favorite apps back in my first post on Educational iPad Apps,  and wanted to share some of our new favorites as of late.

Educational Apps for Preschoolers

Shape Builder

First Words

Word Wagon:

Connect The Dots

Jumpstart My ABC Book

Starfall ABC’s

Crayola Studio

BB Magic Lite

Educational Apps for Older Kids:

Montessori Words: This is great for spelling practice, it also allows for free word creation which makes it fun to use with our All About Spelling as well.

Real Chalk HD: We use this for our All About Spelling practice.  The app simulates a real chalk board where you can erase and change the size and color of the chalk. The kids love it, and it just helps make spelling practice more fun!

Words with Friends: Strawberry Shortcake plays this game with her Nana and her Dad. It’s a fun way to practice words as well as logical thinking skills too!

Math Bingo

Word Bingo

Books We Enjoy:

There’s a Wocket in My Pocket

There’s No Place Like Space

The Berenstain Bears: Trim the Tree

Hope that helps you out with some fun techy learning! I’ll be back next week with apps for Moms!

Have a favorite educational app to share? Leave a comment, I’d love to see what other moms love!

• Jennifer @ Apps for Homeschooling January 3, 2012 at 1:18 am

Those are some great picks Erica – some are our favorites too! Have you checked out Shapes & Puzzles by Pirate Trio? It’s one of my favorites for the 3-yo crowd!

• Marika January 3, 2012 at 2:28 am

Thank you for sharing!

I’m downloading now!!

• Donna January 3, 2012 at 6:52 am

Thank you soooo much. We got one for Christmas and I have been searching for educational games! You are always so helpful and right on time!

• Wonder Mom January 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm

We recently got an ipad for a family Christmas gift, so I am SO THANKFUL that you posted all these app resources! Now, off to explore… ;0)

• Andrea S. January 3, 2012 at 12:40 pm

A great site to see kids and parent app reviews is http://www.lunchboxreviews.com

• jodi January 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Have you seen “My Spelling Test”? You (or your child) enters their spelling words for the week and then they can go in and be tested. My kids love it! Another favorite of my 6 yr old is called ‘Stack the States”. It’s been a great addition to Roadtrip USA and learning all the states and capitals. Have fun!!!

• Barb Barker January 3, 2012 at 3:13 pm

We love Rocket Math , and Teach Me. We also love Stack the States. Even my husband is addicted to that game.. The IPad has been such an asset to our homeschooling!!! Can’t wait to check out the others.

• e-Expeditions January 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Great suggestions! I love using technology to teach, so while I don’t have an iPad, I love that there are educational apps like these available. 🙂

• Jjbeckman January 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

We enjoy the ” my first classical music ” app.it is a great intro to classical music, instruments, composers.

Thanks for the post! You found some grat apps, Erica!

• Julie January 3, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Hi there! I linked up to your artist study from our homeschooling blog
    Thank you!