Kindergarten (Pre-Primer) Sight Word Sentences

Hi everyone! I wanted Tinker Bell to do a little more work on her sight words, so I made these Pre-Primer Kindergarten Sight Word Sentence worksheets. Each one has the word along with a funny sentence. Students will practice tracing the word, reading the word, then writing it on their own.

sightwordsentencepromo

They’ll also cut out the letters and spell the word correctly to complete their sentence, great for fine-motor skills and spelling practice! Next they will write the word to complete the sentence.

sightwordsentencepromo2

Finally they will make up their own sentence using their newly learned sight word! The repetition along with the variety of activities really helps students remember their sight words!

This download includes 40 Pre-Primer level sight words from the Dolch sight word list.

–> Download the Kindergarten Pre-Primer Sight Word Sentences ! <–

More Sight Word fun!

• Evelyn November 27, 2012 at 5:37 am

These sight word sentences are wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

• mayna November 28, 2012 at 10:02 am

That is correct, thank you very much!

• Jennifer November 27, 2012 at 7:03 am

Check page 29 for the word “play”…the sentence/picture needs to be updated.

• erica November 27, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thanks, got it fixed! Sorry about that :o)

• Donna November 27, 2012 at 7:53 am

Thanks Erica! These make a fantastic addition to your K4 Curriculum.

• Mindy November 27, 2012 at 8:16 am

Thank you so much!!! Just the other week I was googling all over the place trying to find basically something like this. Thanks!

• Aisha November 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Hi erica….I noticed on my feed reader it mentioned you offering a free preschool curriculum…I wanted to know where I could find it. Thanks for all the wonderful content you produce!

Kindergarten (Pre-Primer) Sight Word Sentences is a post from Erica @ Confessions of a Homeschooler offering free preschool curriculum and much more. If you’ve enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Erica on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+!

• erica November 27, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Hi Alisha,
      you can download any of my Letter of the Week preschool stuff free if you just hover your mouse over the ABCs and 123s button on the green navigation bar, then you can scroll down to pick whichever letter you would like to download printables for. Let me know if you have any troubles!

• kelly November 27, 2012 at 6:41 pm

lovelovelove these! Just printed several pages off. Also, there is an error on page 29 the sentence is from the page before and won’t make sense for the word used. (word page “play”) Thanks for such a great product!!!

• Bethany November 27, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Thanks! When i was substituting in the public school, I was in a Kindergarten classroom and they did something similar to this. I thought it was a great way to review the word in many different formats! I have looked, but was unable to find anything. This is perfect! My daughter loves all of your curriculum and I do as well! 🙂 Also, I noticed on the “play” page, the sentence and picture at the top were not changed from the page before and it doesn’t make much sense. Just though I’d give you a heads up! Thanks again for everything!

• Jolly November 28, 2012 at 3:59 am

I have just started using some of your stuff with my under-3 year old and she loves it. So do I. Thank you for everything you’re doing with your kids and for me to help mine. God bless you.

• Vanessa November 28, 2012 at 7:26 am

Thank you! This will be a great review for my pre-kindergartner!

• Renata November 28, 2012 at 8:39 am

Perfect! Just the right next step for my daughter!

1 2 3 5