IMG_7227web_thumb.jpg

Workbox System Video Tutorial

Hi everyone! I wanted to share a video tutorial on how we use the workbox system in our homeschool. I get a TON of questions regarding our setup, how I organize the boxes, and what we put in them. So I thought a video would be a fun way to explain our setup.

Hope you enjoy it! Without further ado…here is our Workbox System Video… “live”…so to speak…

So that’s our current homeschooling workbox system, I hope you enjoyed the video! Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Here are some links for products mentioned in this video:

Here are some more links you  might enjoy!

• Jennifer January 24, 2013 at 12:29 am

I was wondering, how long does it typically take your oldest to get through all ten of her workboxes? I am really enjoying your videos. I hope you continue to do them. By the way, I like your owl shirt! Where did you get it?

• Jennifer G January 24, 2013 at 1:34 am

It was great! Thanks for the ideas you presented in your video 🙂

• Cari January 24, 2013 at 3:51 am

I love this system! I’ve been using it for a year now and it makes things sooo much easier to organize. Thank you!

• Jillian Lauder January 24, 2013 at 4:04 am

Great video Erica! Gives me a whole new aspect on what our day could look like. JoAnn’s, here we come! 🙂

• Megan January 24, 2013 at 5:11 am

My Walmart carries the drawer carts for $35! I haven’t had any issues with them, except I didn’t have the screws tight enough when I first put them together. Once I tightened the screws they have been great!

• Kimberly H January 24, 2013 at 11:09 am

I also bought mine at Walmart at the same price and that was back in Sep. It wasn’t the sale price either 🙂 Everyone if you have a Walmart I would check there first 🙂

• Cameron January 24, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I got mine at Walmart too, very affordable! 🙂

• angie January 24, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I bought mine at Shopko (last year when they were on sale) for $19.99!!! That is by far the best price I have ever seen….had to get three!

• Tiffany January 24, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I got the same at Sams club for $24.95, reg. price!!( This month)

• niki January 26, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I just got our workbox cart, same as yours Erica, for 29.97 Walmart- ship to store for free! Great deal!

• Amy January 24, 2013 at 5:33 am

Love the videos.

• Lorraine January 24, 2013 at 7:14 am

Thank you for all the amazing post about organization this week. It has helped me reevaluate our homeschool organization. What works and what doesn’t work for us 😉

• Sanz January 24, 2013 at 8:07 am

You inspired me to do workboxes and we started them this month! My children LOVE them. They even complain on days (like today) when we aren’t “doing school” because my husband has some vacation time we are taking. I was able to get the cart at Walmart for $29. Workboxes have made things “flow” in our house! You always have great ideas and worksheets! Thank you! Here’s a look at an example of what my 1st grader and pre-k-er get in their workboxes. http://fromthemrs.blogspot.com/2013/01/workboxes.html

• Becki January 24, 2013 at 8:19 am

Thank you so much for the video! I started the workbox system at the beginning of the year based on your blog and I could never really figure out how you made it work, but this helped so much!
    I have a huge problem with the drawers falling through on the storage cart. I might have just gotten two bogus carts, but they barely hold anything without collapsing through. It’s kind of annoying, but like you said, I like having 10 different drawers to put things in. My personal desk is the IKEA one your children use, and I LOVE those drawers, but I can see how it would be hard to do the workbox system in the same format.
    Question: What boxes are you using for your MUS blocks? Those are perfect! We use MUS and the blocks are taking over my life. 😉
    Thanks so much!

• Kim April 15, 2013 at 8:32 am

Becki,
      I was wondering the same thing about the boxes for Math U See, those boxes are great!

• Jennifer June 27, 2013 at 11:01 am

I 3rd the MUS box question! You have a post for your MUS block storage, but the ones you have in the work boxes actually look like individual cases instead of the 3-tier one you showed before! Are they artbox brand maybe?

Thanks for the video Erica, truly awesome!

• SpaceMom July 16, 2013 at 9:15 pm

My drawers all fall through. I ended up using two really strong bungee cords to pull the back together and they still kind of fall through. Very annoying. They Cannot hold much weight at all. I got a 7 drawer from SAMs about 3 years ago. I love the organizational aspect but always looking for a better version. I saw a teacher had a rainbow version and they were not filled up at all, but she loved it.

• Gris January 24, 2013 at 9:14 am

Thank you for explaining so detailed the work boxes! I have only one homeschooled child and he has moderate autism and I usually have to adapt all the teaching and I love all the great ideas that you give in your blog for teaching. Love, love, love all your printables thanks again!

1 2 3 4