2ndgradepromo.jpg

2nd Grade Sight Word Sentences

Hi teachers! Are you looking for a fun way to have students practice their sight words? Look no further!

I’ve had a ton of requests for some more of my sight word sentences, so today I’m sharing the second grade sight word sentence printables with you.

2ndgradepromo

Each worksheet has the word along with a funny sentence. Students will practice tracing the word, reading the word, then writing it on their own.

Students will also cut out the letters then glue them on the sheet to spell the word correctly to complete a sentence. This activity is great for fine-motor skills and spelling practice!

Next they will write the word to complete the sentence.

Finally they will make up their own sentence using their newly learned sight word! The repetition along with the variety of activities really helps students remember their sight words!

This download includes 46 Second grade level sight words from the Dolch sight word list.

–> Download the Second Grade Sight Word Sentences ! <–

More Sight Word fun:

• Teri June 18, 2013 at 12:11 am

Wow! Thank you for this set!! You have given me so much encouragement and plenty of ideas while I begin the huge journey of homeschooling. I look forward to your blog so much!

• Gretchen June 18, 2013 at 6:00 am

Thank you, Erica! This is wonderful. My 2nd grader is really struggling with spelling, so we have been trying to find ways to fix the problem. This is definitely a help!

• Sarah C June 18, 2013 at 7:17 am

Thank you so much!

• Shannon Wallace June 18, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Thank you so much for your generosity! These will help us a lot! 🙂

• Leah Mae June 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm

These are so wonderful!! Thank you so much for all your hardwork AND for allowing so much to stay free.

• Prithi June 18, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I love your blog. I have learnt so much from it.

And I esp love these sight word sentences pages.
    I have just one suggestion. The height of the sentence lines can be reduced a bit. Its too wide for 2nd grader, causes them to write really big words, when now they can start pratising a little smaller size writing.

• Erika June 19, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Thank so much for your generosity!

I love the ideas and practical materials that you share.

• Krista June 19, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Thank you so much for your willingness to share all your wonderful ideas. It gives hope to those who want to teach, but not know where to start …. or in my case, not have a creative bone in her body to help teach. I am very grateful to you. 🙂

• Liosha Miles June 20, 2013 at 9:32 am

WOW, this is wonderful. I absolutely love your sight. I’m not a homeschooler, but I love that I can reinforce what my son is learning and will learn this coming school year. Now that we are in the summer, I can get him started on 2nd grade sight words before the school year begins.

• Lori June 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Erica….
    You are my favorite!! Thanks for sharing!!

1 2 3 4