JUN
2014

Preschool Daily Learning Notebook 2014-2015

Hi everyone! I have the 2014-2015 Preschool daily learning notebook ready for the upcoming year! I’ve seen several versions of these on various blogs and decided to create one that fit our needs. I wanted something that allowed the Teeny Tot to work on her calendar time activities each day, and this was a perfect fit!

**The updates include the monthly calendar pages where students trace what day it is, as well as the monthly weather tracking pages, so if you already have the learning notebook, you might want to just print the calendar and weather pages to save on ink!

IMG_7462web

The Preschool Daily Learning Notebook includes:

• What day is it?
  • Find today’s number
  • Write today’s number
  • Write today’s number word (I don’t always require her to write the number word, but usually add it for days 1-10)

prektotcalendarpromo

I made a printable for each weekday, Monday through Friday, with traceable days on it for preschoolers. On this page your preschooler will trace the weekday, find today’s number and color in the circle. Trace the number (I write this in with pencil for her to trace), and then write the number word for the day. Right now I only have her do this when we’re on days one-ten.

IMG_7460web

I think her favorite activity is finding the temperature. (We have a simple thermometer right outside our front door that we check.) Then we come in and color the correct temperature and an appropriate outfit on the paper doll.

IMG_7461web

It also covers:

• What time is it?
  • What temperature is it?
  • What would I wear for this temperature?
  • I can write my name (monthly name writing practice)

IMG_7449web

Each month they will trace the month name, then trace in one number per day to fill in the calendar for each month. They’ll also color in a box for the weather. This is great for counting skills, number recognition, and handwriting practice!

calendar_weather

I also added numbers, shapes, and letters to this pack. To help make them easier to find, I put in colored divider tabs so we can flip to the correct spot.

IMG_7472web

For the numbers I put lightly colored dots on each one, I plan to have her put a sticker for each dot on the numbers, then trace the number word. But you can also have them color the shape, or glue the correct amount of objects to it as well.

totnotebook2

–> Download the 2014-2015 Preschool Daily Learning Notebook <–

Ready for more of a challenge? Check out my other Daily Learning Notebooks below!

MAC USERS: You will need to Install Adobe Reader, then set it as your default program to open PDF files. This will resolve any weird viewing issues you may have with PDF files. Safari tries to open the file in preview instead of full view which causes issues viewing and printing files. Hope that helps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Wowza, Erica! This is an awesome freebie! Gonna share it when I have time! Kay

2. This is amazing!! Thanks, Erica!!!

3. Thank you so much for creating this again this year! I LOVE your website! Your printables are amazing! I have shared this on my Facebook with all of my home school mommy friends! Thanks again!

4. Thanks so much! This is great!

5. WOW thank you! Just what I was looking for I am new to homeschooling and I will start this fall homeschooling my twins and this will be very useful. Btw I love your blog and your YouTube channel. Once again thank you.

6. Thank you! I’ve purchased a few of your things and love them. This is EXACTLY what I wanted for my 3 yr old but didn’t have time to put together. You are a blessing.

7. Wow that was quick! I just found your blog yesterday as I was looking for preschool sample schedules.I couldn’t stop talking about the calendar and the printout with my husband, and I was saying that I hope She does one for 2014-2015. I will be keeping my 3 and 5 year old home next year instead of sending them to preschool and the stress of coming up with a schedule or curriculum was making me feel so overwhelmed! I currently work outside the home and part of my job is to teach and train others -which I’ve been very successful at, but for some reason with my children, it feels totally different. Probably because failure would mean I’ve let my family down : / We really have a heart to homeschool and I’m praying God gives me the patients to do it and be successful. Thank you for your God given talents!

8. Audrey Walker says:

Is it ok for me to send the PDF to office depot/max and have them print it all out for me instead of printing this at home? It would be for my use only, but it is more expensive to use my ink rather than just paying for the copies thru a store that offers these services. I just wanted to make sure that was an approved way to make copies. Thank you

9. Been waiting for this one! Thanks so much! God bless.

10. Thank you so much for all your hard work! God bless you and your family!

11. Patrice H. says:

Thank you so much for this! We are going to start using this packet this year!

12. Connie Phillips says:

Hi Erica!! Love this freebie! I tried downloading like you said, Adobe Reader etc… and I can see what you mean. Perhaps you could email me, each time I try to email you up above it opens some account I have never used… anyways, I purchased the letter if the day curriculum over a year ago, and now that my DD is 4, I was going to begin printing it out and this notebook, but all the files on my USB stick will not open… help?

13. Carson Stratton says:

Love this! What age do you suggest this is for?

14. This is perfect! Thank-you!

15. Krista B. says:

16. Beth Theule says:

I’m so excited to begin this with my 3.5 year old at the end of the summer. I have this downloaded as well as the Letter of the Week. I did notice that in the lesson plans it says what letter, shape, and number to do for that week. There are some shapes listed there that weren’t included in any of your downloads, or in the pre-k daily learning notebook download. Specifically trapezoid, Pentagon, Octagon, and Crescent. Do you have those shapes to download somewhere else, or do we just need to make something up for them?

• Hi Beth,
      I added the shapes awhile ago, if you’re download doesn’t include them email me and I can reset your downloads so you can get the updated files.

17. Your site is amazing & just what we need this year! Thank you!

18. Is this included in the k4 curriculum or separate? I was considering purchasing the $15 k4 curriculum and wasn’t sure if I needed to download this too.

Thanks!

• Hi Julia,
      It’s included in the K4 curriculum, but that one uses the elementary level one, so if your student still needs the traceable calendar numbers you might want to download this one instead until they’re ready to move on to the elementary aged daily learning notebook.

19. Sarah Norman says:

WOW! This is awesome!!! I teach Pre-K at a public school here in my local district. I’m going to use this for morning work this year!!! These are awesome practice pages and a way to teach them a little independence. Thank you so much!

20. Ashley W. says:

Hi Erika!

I was wondering if you will ever put the monthly calendar and the weather chart on the same page again? I thought that was nice to have them together!

And I absolutely love your website! I printed the pre-K notebook last year for my daughter who was 3 then.

• I would love to see the monthly calendar and the weather chart on the same page as well. Love all of your stuff!! Thanks!

21. Amber Fabarez says:

Erica….You’re the bomb! I absolutely love how God uses your gifts to bless so many moms. Your rewards will be abundant in heaven.

22. Amy Klingsten says:

Thank you so much for providing such wonderful resources for our children! I love your website and look forward to using all the materials with my 4 year old daughter this year! God’s blessings to you and your family!

23. I glanced through the comments, but didn’t see anyone mention this. The number 20 only has 18 dots, leave it to my 4 year old to notice :)

24. You are so awesome! God bless you for all the hard work that you have done and for sharing it! How kind of you…I feel like thank you isn’t enough:-)

25. Thanks you so much for this!! I am two weeks into doing preschool at home after deciding to quit paying tuition. After seeing a few posts all over, I realized that I did not have THIS as part of our daily learning. Dumb… So, thanks!!!

26. Thank you for this resource! I am starting to homeschool our kindergartener and feeling overwhelmed! All of your resources are a huge blessing! Thank you for all time you put in to this!

27. Hi! Thank you for such an amazing resource! I am definately using this. And in fact, while printing specific pages from this notebook it stopped working. I have tried everything I can think of. I just need February weather – July weather left. Could you please send them to me??!! Thank you!!!

28. First time homeschooler here. And I absolutely love this idea! Thank you for producing these great resources for newbies like me and allowing us to download them for free. You are a lifesaver!

I unfortunately still am having some issues printing them off of my mac computer using adobe reader. It prints at about 70% the original size. Anyone else having these issues? Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks in advance for you help!

29. Thank you, Erica, for the updated notebook pages. I used them a few years ago for one of my sons and now using it for one of my daughters. I like that the days of the week are now in upper and lower case, plus the traceable number words were added. Quick FYI since I don’t see it mentioned yet – nineteen is misspelled on the traceable number words. Thanks again for all you do!

30. This looks so awesome, but when I click the download, I can only see 4-8. What am I doing wrong? Help!!!

• Are you on a MAC by chance? I’ve had a few people say they see black lines or blanks on them when trying to open the file on a MAC. The solution is to download Adobe Reader, and set it as your default program to open PDF files. MACs open PDFs using Safari by default and so they open in preview mode which causes issues when printing and viewing the file.

31. When I open it to print, there are only pages 1-7. Are there supposed to be more pages? Thank you for this incredible resource, it is very helpful. :-)

• Hi Ashley,
      See instructions for opening PDF documents on a MAC, If you’re not on a MAC and opening in a browser window but not seeing all of the pages, try RIGHT clicking on the download link. Then select “Save Link As” and pick a place to save the file. It should download the PDF and then you can open and print. Unfortunately the file is too large to email, but hopefully the RIGHT clicking trick will work!

32. I too only get the days of the week pages when I open the file. Its missing all of the pages of the notebook.

33. Hello! I purchased your Letter of the Week curriculum a month or so ago, and I was coming here to print out the updated calendar pages. However, I think the calendar pages in this download are not for the 2014-2015. I know you get so many comments and I don’t mean to bother you, I was just wondering if you did have the updated calendar pages? Thank you for all of your hard work and for all of the free printables and advice you offer!

34. laurentrussell says:

are there any differences between this yrs notebook and lastyrs?? other than the calendars being updated… i ask because i printed last yrs before realizing it was an old one and not updated so if possible id love to just print the updates.. if other stuff is different i may just print the entire thing again… so excited tos tart this with my 3yr old

35. Hi Erica! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the crescent page has a spelling error – it says “cresent.” Just thought you should know!

36. Love the calendar book! Could you make a number printable sheet to trace and color with the number zero?

37. Hi! Just wanted to say thank you for making these pages available for all of us. It really is a blessing to me and I can’t wait to get started with my little preschooler on these fun pages!

38. Thanks so much. I used many of your pages last year for my pre-k students in a public school. They love writing their numbers, but I created a few different things to put on the bottom of the page when I started a “Number of the Day”. They got confused! lol I’m so glad you have an updated copy this year.

39. Is this used with the LOTW curriculum or the 4K curriculum? My daughter is 4 and we are doing LOTW to start.

• Hi Vanessa,
      I use it with the LOTW prek, but you can also use it for the K4 if they still need help tracing numbers. Normally I move to the elementary notebook for K4 so they can practice writing them on their own, but it’s totally up to you.

• That helps! I didn’t know about the elementary notebook so that solves my worries about starting it too soon. We are excited to get started. Thank you! :)

40. WOW!! This is an awesome freebie. Thank you so much I can’t wait to have my little one work on this.