Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the large amount of butterflies in the Road Trip USA curriculum?
It seems like a LOT of states have listed a state butterfly, and since my kids absolutely love butterflies, I thought it would be fun to see the new DVD from Your Backyard: The Life and Journey of the Amazing Monarch Butterfly!
What did we think?
I was right! Just like their original Your Backyard Feeder Bird DVD, the Monarch DVD is just as fun. I think my kids like it so much because the video is narrated by children their ages. They also love the colorful vivid up-close images that allow them to see something they wouldn’t normally get to witness right up close!
I like it because it’s full of fun information and shows the wondrous 30-day transformation from egg to butterfly. You get to watch a Monarch caterpillar eat its way out of its egg to the completion of metamorphosis. And one of my favorite parts about the Your Backyard team is that they’re a Christian company and they point the glory of butterflies right back to God!
Coming Soon! The Monarch DVD Companion Study Guide
They are also working to complete a downloadable companion study guide for the monarch DVD. It is designed to help children better integrate the contents of the DVD and further their learning. It will include discussion questions, diagrams to label, drawing spots, essay questions, copy work, coloring pages, note-booking pages, and more. It is scheduled to be released mid-spring 2012, so keep an eye out for that!
What’s the cost?
- $19.95 – Monarch Butterfly DVD
- $8.95 – Companion Study Guide
- $34.95 – Live Monarch Kit
- $32.95 – Your Backyard DVD Bundle Pack (Birds DVD + Monarch DVD)
The DVD includes more than 45 minutes of bonus features, including:
- How to Raise Monarchs
- How to Order Tags
- Mr. Jules Poirier’s Testimony
- Behind the Scenes
- “About the Bottom Shelf”
- Professor Solomon’s Quiz
- Your Backyard Trailer
- This is My Father’s World
But you don’t have to take my word for it, you can see this beautiful DVD for yourself, just click play below!
Want more information? Visit Crowe’s Nest Media at any of the links below:
Crowe’s Nest Media is offering a discount to the first 200 readers who purchase either the Live Monarch Kit, or the Bird and Monarch DVD Bundle. Simply use the coupon codes below:
- KITCONFESSIONS – coupon code to get the Live Monarch Kit for just $24.95. (Reg. $34.95)
- BUNDLECONFESSIONS – coupon code to get both the bird DVD and Monarch DVD Bundle for just $24.95 (Reg. $32.95)
Crowe’s Nest Media is offering a FREE Monarch DVD to one of my readers!
- Simply leave a comment below letting me know why you’d like to win a Monarch Butterfly DVD for your family!
Additional Optional Entries: (not required to win, come back and leave a separate comment on this post for each additional action taken.)
- Like Crowe’s Nest Media on Facebook
- Subscribe to In The Crowe’s Nest Blog
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Nitty Gritty Giveaway Details:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday May 11, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday May 13, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form. (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: Crowe’s Nest Media provided me with free DVD to review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.