MAR
2013

Henry Ford Unit Study

Hi everyone, I’ve been working hard behind the scenes over here to create a new set of unit studies! This series is all about famous Scientists & Inventors! As usual each study includes fun hands-on activities to go along with the unit to help students remember what they’ve learned, and also provide them with a fun reference too to review and recall each person they’ve learned about.

IMG_8600web_thumb_thumb_thumb

Each of my scientist & inventor unit studies contains educational lessons, activities and a fun lap book that your students will work on as they progress through the study. The lessons also include book reports, vocabulary, character traits of these important figures, and critical thinking skills. I currently have 7 studies in this series. These studies are geared towards grades Kindergarten-4th, but can probably be adapted for older students as well.

Today I’m pleased to present the Henry Ford Unit Study.

IMG_8586web

Henry Ford was born July 30, 1863 in Greenfield Township, Michigan. He is most well known for developing the assembly line technique of mass production. Ford’s first car was the self-propelled Quadricycle, which was developed in 1896. In 1908 Ford’s most famous car, the Ford Model T, revolutionized transportation in America by being affordable for many middle class Americans. At that time the Model T was just $825.00, and by 1918 half of all cars in America were Model T’s. Ford continued to release a new variety of models as well as new colors. Ford also took good care of his employees, astonishing the world in 1914 by offering a $5 per day wage which was more than double what most workers were making at that time.

Watch a video tutorial on our Henry Ford Lapbook

IMG_8584web

This study uses the Henry Ford scientists and inventors series by Mike Venezia, but students are welcome to use any other researched information they can find as well. I would highly encourage older students to do some independent research on their scientist and inventor prior to completing their final report.

In this unit students will learn all about Henry Ford , his childhood history, lifetime achievements, characteristics, as well as some of his greatest inventions and contributions. Below is a sample of the Lapbook that students will create as they learn about Henry Ford. Activities for this unit include:

• All About Henry Ford
  • The Pocket Watch
  • Horseless Carriage
  • Vocabulary
  • The Henry Ford Race Car
  • Ford Models
  • Most Important Idea
  • Design Your Own Car
  • More Inventions
  • Characteristics
  • A virtual tour of the Henry Ford Museum
  • A Final Report

IMG_8587web

The study also includes a final report on Henry Ford for students to complete. There are several different formats of the report to accommodate varying student grade levels that might be completing the unit.

reports promo_thumb[2]_thumb_thumb

Ready to get started? Get this unit for just $2.00!
coahbuynow_thumb[2]

Can’t wait for the others to release?

You can get the whole set of Scientist & Inventor Units at a discount! Click the image below:

scientistpromo_thumb[1]

Ready to Win?
I’m offering a FREE copy of the Henry Ford Unit Study to one of my readers!

Simply enter using the rafflecopter below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. George Washington Carver

2. Thomas Edison

3. Benjamin Franklin

4. Benjamin Franklin

5. These are all good inventors… that I don’t know much about. Ummm, Albert Einstein.

6. Sarah Ann Wong says:

I think it would be good to learn about Jonas Salk, the developer of the polio vaccine.

7. Eli Whitney

8. Alexander Graham Bell.

9. Any of these would be awesome!

10. Oooh, you’ve picked some really good ones. Maybe Marie Curie or Ben Franklin? Such a great idea! Thank you!

11. We just did a study on Thomas Edison…wish I had remembered about your lapbooks;) But any look interesting… maybe Alexander Graham Bell.

12. Marie Curie

13. I would like to see Mary Leaky added. My Daughter has dreams of becoming an archaeologist!

14. Avis Clinger says:

My kids love all inventors

15. Henry Ford – his museum is only a couple of hours away. Very fun place to go!

16. Michelle C says:

These are all so good…Maybe Albert Einstein or Henry Ford!

17. Thomas Edison :)

18. Thomas edison

19. Amanda Smith says:

Ben Franklin

20. Lisa Mather says:

Benjamin Franklin.

21. As a Michigan native (living in Memphis, TN), I’m excited to teach my kids about Henry Ford.

22. Alaxander Gram Bell

23. I always love Einstein’s quotes so I would love to learn and be able to teach more about him. Hubby is a physicist so more science and inventors in school is a good thing!

24. Ladies – I am doing my first lapbook this week for Easter. I have a K and a 3rd grader. Does each child do a lapbook? Or do you do one as a class?

25. Robert Boyle

26. susan hall says:

Thomas Edison

27. Gutenberg and the Gutenberg Press

28. Thomas Edison

29. We would enjoy any of these inventors, but my motorheads would love Henry Ford!!

30. Leonardo DaVinci’s inventions; sorry I think it was your My Famous Artists that peeked our interest!

31. All of them really

32. I love these studies — I just purchased The Wright Brothers unit study, in fact! But, I would love to learn more about Thomas Edison.

33. I’m looking forward to see your Wright Brothers lapbook!

34. James Watts, Watson and Crick, or Nikola Tesla

35. I think my kids would enjoy learning about Edward Binney and Harold Smith or George de Mestral.

36. Following on youtube as cmbee123.

37. Amber Shonk says:

Benjamin Franklin

38. Benjamin Franklin

39. Ben Franklin

40. Nikola Tesla.

41. Brooke Owens says:

I would love to see one on Tesla!

42. When I taught second grade, I *loved* teaching my students about Thomas Edison. I look forward to teaching my own children about him in a few years :)

43. Wright Brothers

44. Nikola Tesla for sure!

45. Thomas Edison. Thanks!!

46. Oh, why any would be fun since we haven’t really learned about any and I need a good refresher. Henry Ford would be a great first!

47. Isaac Newton and Madame Marie Curie. Thanks!

48. I would like to learn about the guy who created/invented the internet!

49. Jane Goodall!

50. Benjamin Franklin

51. Marie Curie

52. Jessica A. says:

Actually I would love to learn about all of them! Can’t really make up my mind :) lol

53. My 10 yr old son says Nicolas Copernicus!

54. Tesla

55. Edison

56. it would have to be Henry Ford. Simply because i do not know enough about him yet.

57. Nikola Tesla

58. How awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing. how do you have time to create such awesome resources

59. Kelvin- talk about a Brit with some interesting ideas. And really changed the way we look at some things.

60. All! :)