Daily Homeschool Schedule: 5th Grade
Hi Readers! Today I’m sharing Strawberry Shortcake’s 5th grade daily schedule with you. If you’ve missed my previous posts, you can see the ‘Daily Homeschool Schedule’ series here.
Strawberry Shortcake is currently 10 years old, and in the 5th grade. She definitely has a filled schedule this year, but she’s doing great and enjoying school!
Download a copy:
Here is our basic 5th Grade Schedule:
- 8:30am – Breakfast / Family Devotions
- 9:00am – Daily Learning Notebook
- 9:15am – Bible
- 9:30am – Math
- 10:30am – English
- 11:00am – Handwriting
- 11:20am – Reading
- 11:30am – Spelling
- 11:45am – Vocabulary
- 12:00 – Lunch/PE
- 1:00pm – History
- 1:30pm – Science
- 2:00pm – Typing/Music/Art/Piano (1x per week)
- 2:30pm – Writing / Literature (2x per week)
As you’ll probably notice, Strawberry Shortcake’s schedule is virtually identical to Turbo’s. I find it works well to keep their schedule’s in line with one another. That way neither feel that they’re doing more or less work even though the work level is different. Since they’re only 1 grade apart it makes it easier to teach them together as well.
As I mentioned we are currently doing Bible, History, Science, and Literature as a group which makes it a bit easier on me. Then Turbo and Strawberry Shortcake do writing together too.
Here is our 5th grade curriculum for the year:
- Art: World’s Greatest Artists 2 and See the Light Art DVDs
- Bible: Grapevine Studies, and Kay Arthur Discover 4 yourself
- Spelling: All About Spelling
- English/Grammar: Rod & Staff English 3 & 4 ( I was advised to use a grade level down since we’re just starting.)
- Reading: Abeka 5
- Math: Math U See Delta
- History: Abeka History (4th Grade – they’ll be doing it together)
- Literature: Classical Literature Units
- Music: World’s Greatest Composers Vol 1 (Continued from last year)
- Robotics: LEGO Education We’re using the Simple Mechanisms set this year.
- Science: Abeka Science, & some of my scientist units.
- P.E.: Family Time Fitness
- Piano: Piano is Easy (We’re starting with Teach Yourself Piano Step by Step)
- Handwriting: BJU Handwriting 5
- Typing: Typing Instructor (CD Version, each of them has their own login)
- Vocabulary: Wordly Wise 5 (This is our first year trying this so our thoughts on it are still TBD.)
- Writing: Write Shop Junior D
Have a scheduling tip to share? Make sure to leave a comment below!