Hi friends! Today I’m sharing our 3rd Grade Homeschool Curriculum picks with you for the 2017-2018 school year.
If you’d like to see what my 3rd grader will be doing this year watch our 2016-2017 3rd Grade Homeschool Curriculum video here!
3rd Grade Curriculum:
- Art: World’s Greatest Artists 2 and Draw Write Now books
- Bible: Word of Life Quiet Time devotion
- English/Grammar: IEW Fix It Grammar
- Cursive Handwriting: BJU Cursive Handwriting 3
- History: The Story of the World and Time Travelers Project Passport
- Literature: Classical Literature Units
- Math: Math U See Gamma
- Music: Choir (At our options program)
- P.E.: Swim Team, Ice Hockey, P.E. at Options
- Science: Abeka 3rd Grade maybe a scientist unit if we can fit it in!
- Spelling: Spelling You See D , I’m also going to add in BJU Spelling 3 for some added practice.
- Typing: Typing Web
- Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing Group A Student Writing Intensive
Options: We participate in a once a week options program through our local school district. They offer a variety of classes that help supplement our homeschooling. It also provides the kids with a fun day where they get to see their friends and participate in a classroom environment. Here is a list of her classes this year:
- Language Arts – We do this at home as well, but I’m finding that it’s a nice supplement to what we’re doing.
- Science – They get to do fun things like experiments, dissection, electronics, and more.
- Music – Choir and basic instruments.
And that’s it for our 3rd grade curriculum line up this year! I’ll try to do a mid-year update to let you all know how it’s going. We’re trying some new curriculum this year, so that’s always exciting!
Click here to see a sample of our 3rd Grade Daily Homeschool Schedule!
–>> Check out our Homeschool Room Tour here!
Popular products we add in for fun:
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Snowmen Stackable Pencils
- Gummy Bear Stackable Pencils
- Regular Stackable Pencils
- Fun Iwako Animal Erasers
- Expandable Acrylic Drawer Organizer
Homeschool Organization Masterclass
Need help getting your household and your homeschool organized and flowing smoothly? Check out my new Homeschool Organization Masterclass!
Through this series I’ll be there every step of the way to help guide you through the process of organizing your home and maximizing your time so you can get everything done while still having time to enjoy your family in the process.
Together we’ll make your homeschooling journey fun and inspiring!
Want to see more of my Tip Tuesday Videos? Make sure to click the image below to check out all of my homeschooling tips!
I hope this helps some of you out, I know getting started can be overwhelming! I wrote a book called Homeschooling 101 that will help answer all of your questions on how to get started homeschooling, choosing curriculum, creating lesson plans, etc. For more information on homeschooling check out my Homeschooling 101: A guide to getting started!
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. I may receive a small percentage if you purchase items through my link, so thank you for helping to support my blog! That said, I do NOT recommend anything that we do not use in our homeschool.