Hi everyone! Are you looking for a easy, fun, structured physical education curriculum? I have a wonderful giveaway for you today courtesy the awesome people at Family Time Fitness!
What is Family Time Fitness?
“The Fitness 4 Homeschool curriculum is 260 professionally planned lessons, fully detailed with demonstration videos and sure to be the delight of your homeschool day.”
We’ve just started this program this year, and while we don’t get to it every day, the kids really love it when we do! I started out giving them the physical fitness assessment. The Family Time Fitness curriculum comes with a progress chart so you can record and see the improvements in your students!
Here we’re measuring the standing vertical jump of Tinker bell. Not sure if you can tell but we had to do it a couple times just to get her off the ground!
Most of the activities are super easy, and fun. And just in case you’re not sure about how to perform a certain activity, they give you links to videos so you can actually see how to do them as well.
There is a small list of extra items you will need over the course of the year. They include hula hoops, balls, cones, a measuring tape, stop watch, and an exercise mat. And that’s really it! Like I said the activities are really easy to do and I LOVE that! Honestly I don’t have much time to plan or prepare much else for homeschool and I have to say that the Family Time Fitness program makes it super easy for me!
Each lesson starts with a 5-10 minute warm-up followed by 10-15 minutes of activities and games, then a 3-5 minute cool down time. Here we’re doing leg swings and arm circles.
Below we’re doing a shuffle/skip/hop series. I set up 2 sticks on the ground so the kids would have some reference as to where to start and stop, then we took turns doing each skill.
What does the curriculum include?
- Each lesson is planned out for you from start to finish
- Detailed instructions and videos to help you teach the skills
- Easy to customize to your schedule
- Motivational reminders sent to your inbox
- Most activities can be done indoors or outdoors with minimal space requirements
- 30-45 minutes per day
- Increases physical health and well being
- Program develops fundamental movements, agility, and balance
- Includes progress chart
- Activities are progressive and sequential
- Daily Food Diary
- Grocery List
- Meal Planner
- Nutrition Log
- Tracking Calendar
Here we are doing our sit ups for the progress chart. Turbo lived up to his name going bonzai with the sit-ups! I actually had to stop him finally.
So What’s the cost? $99 for an entire year’s worth of activities.
You can also sign up for a 2 day FREE trial just to see if you like it!
Although the Teeny Tot bailed for this one, the dogs seemed to be interested in our stretching.
This was one of our favorite activities, the bear crawl!
Want more information? Visit any of the links below!
- Family Time Fitness Website
- Family Time Fitness Blog
- Family Time Fitness on Facebook
- Family Time Fitness on Twitter
Ready to WIN!
You are seriously NOT going to believe this giveaway! The Family Time Fitness team is offering 2 of their Core Curriculum and workbooks Vol 1-4!
Mandatory Entry for Giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this blog post letting me know you’d like to win!
Additional Optional Entries: (After completing the below tasks, make sure to come back here and leave a comment letting me know you did so you can get your optional extra entries!)
- Tweet about this giveaway:
@ericahomeschool is hosting an @familytimefit Giveaway! Enter thru 10/7/11: http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/?p=4649
- Blog about this giveaway: Come back and let me know with your blog post
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler OR RSS FEED
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
- Follow Family Time Fitness on Twitter
(Yes, you can enter if you already follow or subscribe I love my readers! )
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday October 7, 2011. Winner will be announced by Sunday Monday 10, 2011.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- Please leave a way for me to contact you in your entry otherwise another winner will be chosen.
- NOTE: This giveaway is a downloadable product so it is offered worldwide!
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on THIS post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and click “Post a comment” (Facebook comments will not count, if you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: I was provided with a free Family Time Fitness curriculum for review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.