Good morning! Today I’m sharing our 2016-2017 2nd Grade homeschool curriculum with you. I think this year is going to be really fun and I’ll tell you all about it in the video!
So to see what my 2nd grader will be doing this year watch our 2016-2017 2nd Grade Homeschool Curriculum video here!
2nd Grade Curriculum:
- Art: World’s Greatest Artists 2 & Draw Write Now books
- Bible: Word of Life Quiet Time devotion
- Phonics/Grammar: Abeka 2 (Language 2 and Letters & Sounds 2)
- History: Abeka
- Reading/Literature: Classical Literature Units & All About Reading 2
- Math: Math U See Beta
- Music: Choir (At our options program)
- P.E.: Swim Team, Ice Hockey, PE at Options
- Science: Abeka maybe a scientist unit if we can fit it in!
- Spelling: Spelling You See C
- Typing: Typing Web
- Vocab: Vocabulary Workshop
Options: We participate in a once a week options program through our local school district. They offer a variety of classes that help supplement our homeschooling. It also provides the kids with a fun day where they get to see their friends and participate in a classroom environment. Here is a list of her classes this year:
- Language Arts – We of course do this at home as well, but I’m finding that it’s a nice supplement to what we’re doing.
- Science – they get to do fun things like experiments, dissection, electronics, and more.
- Music – Choir and basic instruments.
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. I may receive a small percentage if you purchase items through my link, so thank you for helping to support my blog! That said, I do NOT recommend anything that we do not use in our homeschool.
Links mentioned in the video:
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Snowmen Stackable Pencils
- Gummy Bear Stackable Pencils
- Regular Stackable Pencils
- Fun Iwako Animal Erasers (20 Pack)
- Expandable Acrylic Drawer Organizer
And that’s it for our 2nd grade curriculum line up this year! I’ll try to do a mid-year update to let you all know how it’s going. We’re trying some new curriculum this year, so that’s always exciting!
To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me:
Want to see more of my Tip Tuesday Videos? Make sure to click the image below to check out all of my homeschooling tips!
I hope this helps some of you out, I know getting started can be overwhelming! I wrote a book called Homeschooling 101 that will help answer all of your questions on how to get started homeschooling, choosing curriculum, creating lesson plans, etc. For more information on homeschooling check out my Homeschooling 101: A guide to getting started!