Hi friends! Today I’m sharing What’s in the Workbox for my 8th grader’s homeschool workload. I have her full curriculum listed below as well if you’re interested in any of the things that I mention in the video.
I also have reviews for most of the curriculum we’re using this year on my YouTube channel so make sure to check that out if you want to see anything in more detail.
Ready to see what she does each day? Take a look in my What’s in the Workbox: 8th Grade Homeschool video here!
8th Grade Curriculum:
- Art: World’s Greatest Artists 2
- Bible: Word of Life Challenger Quiet Time devotion
- Cooking: At options
- English/Grammar: IEW Fix It Grammar
- History: Abeka History of the World
- Literature: Book Shark Literature (From our options program)
- Math: Math U See Algebra 1 (yikes!)
- Music: Choir (At our options program)
- P.E.: Swim Team
- Robotics: At options
- Science: Abeka Order and Design maybe a scientist unit if we can fit it in!
- Speech/Drama: At options
- Spelling: Spelling You See G
- Typing: Typing Web
- Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing
Options: We participate in a once a week options program through our local school district. They offer a variety of classes that help supplement our homeschooling. It also provides the kids with a fun day where they get to see their friends and participate in a classroom environment. Here is a list of her classes this year:
- Drama/Ted Talks
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. I may receive a small percentage if you purchase items through my link, so thank you for helping to support my blog! That said, I do NOT recommend anything that we do not use in our homeschool.
Links mentioned in the video:
- Our homeschool room & desk setup
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Frixion Erasable Markers
- Expandable Acrylic Drawer Organizer
And that’s it for our 8th grade curriculum line up this year! I’ll try to do a mid-year update to let you all know how it’s going. We’re trying some new curriculum this year, so that’s always exciting!
To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me:
Want to see more of my Tip Tuesday Videos? Make sure to click the image below to check out all of my homeschooling tips!
I hope this helps some of you out, I know getting started can be overwhelming! I wrote a book called Homeschooling 101 that will help answer all of your questions on how to get started homeschooling, choosing curriculum, creating lesson plans, etc. For more information on homeschooling check out my Homeschooling 101: A guide to getting started!