Hi friends! I’ve had a ton of requests for a sewing/quilting room tour, so that’s what we’re doing today! I’m super excited to be able to have this space as I had previously taken over our dining room with sewing stuff.
As most of you know, this room used to be our homeschool room, which is why you can hear tweeting in the background. We recently moved the school room to our basement (the birdies stayed in this room) and after about 2 seconds of it being empty, I claimed the space as my new sewing area!
Watch my Sewing/Quilting Room Tour video here!
Links to my storage shelves and desk set up!
- Kallax shelving unit (I have a 2×4 unit, and a 5×5 unit. I‘m sorry, they don’t offer the 5×5 unit anymore, the largest you can get is a 4×4 unit.)
- Linnmon Table Top (78 3/4” x 23 5/8” mat white table tops – I put two table tops together as shown in the video)
- Adils table Legs (I purchased 8 of the white ones. Three on each end and two in the center for stability.)
Links to products shown or mentioned in the video! Along with some of my favorite sewing notions:
- Stackable Mesh Scrap Baskets
- Panasonic Cordless Iron
- Quilters Press ‘N Cut Ironing Mat
- Creative Grid Ruler
- Kai 5″ Scissors
- Fiskars 8″ Scissors
- Aurifil Thread (I use 50 wt 2021)
- Olfa Splash 45mm Rotary Cutter
- American Crafts Self Healing Mat
- Clover Wonder Clips
- Clover Seam Ripper
- Little House Pins
- FQS Sewing Tins
- Fat Quarter Shop Sew Sampler
- Magnetic Pin Bowl
- 505 Fabric Adhesive
- JoAnn’s 36″ x 59″ Cutting Mat
I hope you enjoyed my sewing room tour!
If you just started quilting or sewing, here are more videos in my How to Quilt Series!
- Quilting Supplies: What do you need to get started?
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine
- How to Choose Fabric
- How to Cut Fabric
- How to Piece a Quilt Top
- How to Press Fabric
- How to Baste a Quilt
- How to Straight Line Quilt
- How to Free Motion Quilt
- How to Bind a Quilt (Machine and Hand!)
- How to Wash a Quilt
- Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Boxed Zipper Pouch Tutorial
Here are a few more of my Tutorials online if you’re just getting started:
- Sherbet Stars Quilt Tutorial
- Pink Pig Rag Quilt Tutorial
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Board Game (*Great for learning beginning skills!)
- Patchwork Book Cover
- Quilt-as-you-go Book Cover
- Kids Pillow with Pocket
- How to Applique’ Basics (Don’t worry it’s super easy!)
- Thread Catcher Tutorial
To keep up with our shenanigans, be sure to follow me: