Each year I try to do some sort of fun thing for Advent. This year we’re doing a combination of things. First, I made these cute little numbered ornaments for our Advent activities.
You simply print and punch out with a 2” circle punch. Then using mini-clothespins attach each one to a mini-Christmas tree or a string of garland.
Each day we take one down and do whatever activity is on the back. For this you can print my activities on the backs (they are included in the download) or you can print just the ornaments and write in your own activities.
Last year we did The Jesse Tree, so this year I ordered some Make your own Advent Candles and Bartholomew’s Passage. I have to say that these candles didn’t come with any instructions, so if you’re a newbie like me here are some instructions on making Beeswax Candles!
We’ll light the candles each night as we read a chapter from our book. If you’re not up for purchasing a new book, you can always read any Christmas Story and on Christmas Eve read Luke 1-2. If you’re curious…here’s our activity list for our Advent Ornaments:
1. Candle lit bubble bath!
2. Make paper snowflakes & decorate!
3. Fill Operation Christmas Child Boxes
4. Make personalized Christmas Ornaments
5. The Minivan Express
6. Rootbeer floats tonight!
7. Bake something yummy!
8. Make Christmas Cards for friends/family
9. Have hot chocolate and marshmallows
10. Make a pipe cleaner candy cane craft
11. Make Christmas Star Paper Chain
12. Make Candy Ornaments
13. Use Puppets to tell a bedtime story
14. Family Game Night
15. Make Gingerbread house with Nana
16. Dance and sing to Christmas Music
17. Make a christmas craft
18. Dress Fancy for dinner tonight
19. Wrap Christmas Presents
20. Watch “It’s a wonderful Life”
21. At home pedicures!
22. Watch a Christmas movie with popcorn
23. Read or Watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
24. Make birthday cake for Jesus!
25. Merry Christmas! Open presents!
Here are some more Christmas Ideas:
H0pe you have a wonderful Holiday Season!