So you’ve decided to homeschool but don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, you’re not alone and I’m here to help!
You’ve already completed the first step, and that’s deciding to homeschool. The next thing I like to encourage people to do is to define the vision for your homeschool. What do you expect it to look like, what are your goals? My Homeschooling Vision Worksheet will help you get all of your ducks in a row and help solidify your decision even more.
Next I suggest knowing your state laws. Find out what homeschooling regulations your specific state has, they can all differ! Do you have to use a certain curriculum? Is a Notice of Intent to homeschool required? Is Standardized Testing required? If so, when and where do you send results? Getting familiar with what is required of you at the start will help your year go much smoother.
I also encourage you to check out all of my helpful homeschooling eCourses here! I have a basic HOW TO HOMESCHOOL eCourse that covers everything you need to know to get started. I also have courses to help with general household ORGANIZATION, homeschooling through HIGH SCHOOL, and a variety of subject specific courses as well!
Have you been wondering “Which Curriculum Should I use?“, “Where is the best place to get curriculum?“, “When do I start homeschooling?“, “How much does it cost?” and “How do I organize everything?“. I’ll help with all of those questions and more!
Need more help? Join me in one of my eCourses!
Check out my Quick Start Guide below to get started homeschooling now!
More Homeschooling Resources:
- Homeschool CONFERENCE Tips
- Homeschooling MULTIPLE STUDENTS
- Standardized TESTING
- Homeschooling with BABIES & TODDLERS
- Homeschooling your PRESCHOOLER
- Homeschooling KINDERGARTEN & ELEMENTARY
- Homeschooling High School
- Homeschooling on a BUDGET
- Switching Curriculum MIDYEAR
- Switching to Homeschool MIDYEAR
- Homeschooling an ONLY CHILD
- Homeschooing STYLES & METHODS
- Homeschooling and the WORKING PARENT
- Homeschooling and SPECIAL NEEDS
- Rules and Discipline
- What about SOCIALIZATION?
- TIME MANAGEMENT & Keeping Your Sanity
- Homeschool BURNOUT
- Staying the COURSE & NAYSAYERS
Don’t forget to check out my TIP TUESDAY posts for more inspiration, encouragement, and help!